As the weekend is soon approaching, some of Toronto’s busiest roads are set to be closed in part of ActiveTO which could affect your daily commute in the city.
ActiveTO road closures in the city allow pedestrians and cyclists to practice safe physical distancing while staying active outdoors.
From September 19 at 6 am until September 20 at 11 pm, the following three major road closures will be in place:
- Lake Shore Boulevard West (eastbound lanes only) from Windermere Avenue to Stadium Road
- Lake Shore Boulevard East (eastbound lanes only) from Leslie Street to just south of Woodbine Avenue (Kew Beach Avenue)
- Bayview Avenue from Front Street East to Rosedale Valley Road, and River Street from Gerrard Street East to Bayview Avenue
And for the last two Sundays of the month, a large section of Yonge Street will be closed too.
On Sunday, September 20 and September 27 from 10 am to 2 pm the following Open Streets closures will be in place:
- Yonge Street from Dundas Street to The Esplanade (northbound and southbound lanes)
- Yonge Street from The Esplanade to Queens Quay (northbound lanes only)
According to the city, public parking lots with access to parks and beaches, will not be accessible if they are in the same area as major road closures.
ActiveTO has been in place for the past few months to help people physically distance when outside. They will continue until the end of the month.