FEATURED EVENTS IN TORONTO
Mark your calendars, WE Day returns to Toronto this month, for an unparalleled afternoon bringing together world-renowned speakers, A-list performers, and tens of thousands of youth to celebrate a year of action that transformed communities and changed lives.
Taking place on September 20 at Scotiabank Arena, this year’s event will be co-hosted by Nick Robinson (Love, Simon) and the one and only Miss Piggy.
“We are surrounded by a generation of young people who are working together to get doing, bringing their unique perspectives to the movement and creating the future they want to see. This generation is speaking up and the world is listening,” said Craig Kielburger, co-founder of WE.
“During WE Day Toronto, we are honoured to celebrate youth from over 1,200 schools and groups who are proof that you are never too young to make a difference.”
WE Day 2018 speakers, presenters and performers:
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: NBA’s all-time leading scorer
- Adam Alhanti and Jaclyn Corin: March for our Lives co-founders
- Ally Brooke: Singer/songwriter
- Celebrity Marauders: International DJ collective
- Michael “Pinball’ Clemons: CO-Founder, Pinball Clemons Foundation
- Ann Curry: Emmy award-winning journalist
- Millie Davis: Actor
- Adam Devine: Actor/comedian
- Olivia Holt: Recording artist/actress
- Jack & Jack: Pop Duo
- LaurDIY: YouTube star
- The Muppets: Including Animal, Fozzie Bear and more
- Penny Oleksiak: Four-time Olympic medalist
- Johnny Orlando: Singer/songwriter
- Mason Ramsey: Country music star
- Jessie Reyez: Artist
- Lilly Singh: Entertainer/Girl Love founder
- Jacob Tremblay: Multi-award winning actor
- Margaret Trudeau: Celebrated Canadian, author, and mental health advocate
- Tai Young: 14-year-old speaker, aspiring actor, and Broadway hopeful
- Spencer West: ME to WE motivational speaker, WE ambassador, and author
- Why Don’t We: Pop group
- The Arkells: Four-time JUNO award-winning rock group
- More to be announced soon!
This year’s event will celebrate the impact 20,000 youth and educators made on local and global issues, creating lasting social change in their communities.
Later in the evening, families from across the province will come together for the third annual WE Day Family Toronto with speakers and performers including Peter Mansbridge, Serena Ryder, Walk Off The Earth and more.
When: September 20
Where: Scotiabank Arena, 40 Bay Street