Santa Claus is coming to town this weekend, which can only mean one thing: road closures.
But in addition to the 114th annual Toronto Santa Claus Parade, there are a number of other events that will result in road closures.
Here’s what to prepare for this weekend:
Toronto Christmas Market – Distillery District
Northbound and southbound curb lanes on Parliament Street, from Lake Shore Boulevard East to Front Street East, will be closed from Friday, November 16 at 4 pm until Sunday, November 18 at midnight.
Dundas Square Street between Yonge Street and O’Keefe Lane will be closed on Saturday, November 17 from 6 am to 10 pm for this event.
Rosedale Cavalcade of Lights
Scrivener Square will be closed from Yonge Street to 10 Scrivener Square on Saturday, November 17 from 2 pm to 6 pm for this event.
Bloor-Yorkville BIA – Holiday Magic
Cumberland Street from Old York Lane to 114 Cumberland Street will be closed on Saturday, November 17 from 8 am to 11 pm for this event.
Santa Claus Parade
This event will involve full and rolling road closures on Sunday, November 18 from 5 am to 5 pm:
- Bloor Street West from Ossington Avenue to Queen’s Park
- Queen’s Park/Queen’s Park Crescent/University Avenue to Wellington Street West
- Wellington Street West from University Avenue to Yonge Street
- Yonge Street from Wellington Street to Front Street
- Front Street from Yonge Street to Jarvis Street
- Lower Jarvis Street from Front Street East to Lake Shore Boulevard East
In addition, parade-related curb lane closures will occur on Sunday at the following locations and times:
- Front Street East from Jarvis Street to Sherbourne Street from 11 am to 6 pm
- Queens Quay East from Lower Jarvis Street to Parliament Street from 2 pm to 6 pm
- Lower Jarvis Street northbound curb lane and laybys from 1 pm to 6 pm
The Holly Jolly Fun Run
This event will precede the Santa Claus parade and follow the same route, with the following additional closures on Sunday, November 18 from 8 am to 2:30 pm.
- Bremner Boulevard will be closed from York Street to Lake Shore Boulevard West
- York Street southbound from University Avenue to Bremner Boulevard