Toronto’s Pearson International Airport has been ranked the cleanest in North America.
The honour was bestowed by Skytrax, which gave Pearson top place amongst the continent’s airports in its “World’s Cleanest Airports 2021” ranking.
Vancouver International Airport took second place on the list, and Houston’s George Bush International came third.
Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport and Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport rounded out the top five, respectively.
Tokyo’s Haneda Airport was deemed the cleanest in the world; the city’s Narita International Airport placed third.
- See also:
The designation of North America’s cleanest airport holds special significance as Toronto, and the rest of Canada, battles the fourth wave of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Regarded as a quality benchmark for the world airport industry, Skytrax’s rankings are based on customer satisfaction surveys.
In addition to ranking airports overall, Skytrax also surveys other aspects of the aviation industry, including airport hotels, shopping, and dining.
Cleanest Airports 2021 — North America
- Toronto Pearson International Airport
- Vancouver International Airport
- Houston George Bush International Airport
- Cincinnati-Northern Kentucky International Airport
- Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
- Denver International Airport
- Minneapolis−Saint Paul International Airport
- William P. Hobby Airport (Houston)