What's open and closed in Toronto on New Year's Day
Dec 30 2016, 8:54 pm
FEATURED ON THE LISTED GUIDE
New Year’s Day in Toronto is the time to rest and recuperate.
Whether nursing a hangover, milking the last moments of holiday time, or getting a head start on resolutions for 2017, here’s what’s open and closed on New Year’s Day in Toronto.
TTC will operate on Sunday service with subway and most routes starting at 9 am. Any routes that do not normally operate on Sundays, will not operate on NYD.
- Art Gallery of Ontario (317 Dundas Street West): 10:30 am to 4 pm
- Movie theatres across the city will be open. Check your local listings for show times.
- The Ontario Science Centre (770 Don Mills Road): 10 am to 5 pm
- Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada (288 Bremner Blvd.): open 9 am to 11 pm
- The Royal Ontario Museum (100 Queen’s Park): 10 am to 7 pm
- The Toronto Zoo (2000 Meadowvale Road): 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
While many will be closed on Christmas these grocery stores will be open.
- Bloor Superfresh (384 Bloor Street West): open 24 hours
- Food Depot (155 Dupont Street): open 24 hours
- Kitchen Table (10 Queens Quay West): 9 am to 12 am; (389 Spadina Road) – 7 am to 12 am; (595 Bay Street) 10 am to 10 pm; (705 King St. West): 9 am to 9 pm
- Loblaws (60 Carlton Street): 10 am to 6 pm
- Rabba Fine Food (various locations): open 24 hours
- T&T (7070 Warden Avenue): 9 am to 11 pm; (9255 Woodbine Ave.) 9 am to 11 pm; (1 Promenade Circle) 9 am to 10 pm; (8339 Kennedy Rd, Markham) 9 am to 10 pm
- Whole Foods (87 Avenue Road): 10 am to 6 pm
The following malls and shopping centres are open on New Year’s Day.
- The Pacific Mall (4300 Steeles Avenue East, Markham): 11 am to 8 pm
- The Eaton Centre (220 Yonge Street): 12 pm to 5 pm
- Square One (100 City Centre Drive, Mississauga): 11 am to 6 pm
- Vaughan Mills (1 Bass Pro Mills Drive, Concord): 10 am to 7 pm
- Toronto Premium Outlets (13850 Steeles Avenue West, Halton Hills) : 11 am to 6 pm
LCBO & Beer Stores
All LCBO and Beer Stores will be closed on New Year’s Day, Sunday, January 1.