In Toronto, there have been 129 new COVID-19 cases reported on Wednesday.
On Wednesday, Toronto’s Medical Officer of Health Dr. Eileen de Villa confirmed the cases and reported that the city’s total is now 17,971 with 15,526 recovered.
“We were expecting some increase with more people interacting. We knew this because of what we saw in other places,” de Villa said.
- See also:
The city’s seven-day rolling average is now 134 patients with four new hospitalizations.
Around 40% of the cases reported are ages 40 and under.
De Villa also asked residents to think and plan ahead for Thanksgiving this year, in order to avoid spreading the virus more.
“Think of how to celebrate important days that keeps us all safer,” she said. “COVID-19 spreads when giving the chance. Important holidays could drive our numbers up.”
Earlier on Wednesday, the City announced they are cancelling all major outdoor events until the end of year due to the pandemic and $565,000 will be given to support cultural festivals impacted by the pandemic.