As the job market goes through an unpredictable time due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it can feel like a discouraging time to try and find work.
However, tech and finance companies are looking to hire for many positions, offering plenty of work perks and the chance to be part of an innovative team. And right now, Toronto is the place to be.
From 2014 to 2019, the tech talent pool grew by 36.5% and the tech labour force increased by 66,900 jobs, making the total in Toronto around 250,000 workers – representing 8% of Toronto’s workforce.
Daily Hive compiled a list of 10 companies and startups hiring for 97 positions in Toronto. So while the economy is facing challenges, there are still opportunities in your chosen field.
- See also:
- Who: Colliers is a leading global real estate services and investment management company with operations in 68 countries. Their 14,000 enterprising people work collaboratively to provide expert advice and services to maximize the value of a property for real estate occupiers, owners and investors.
- Jobs: Current openings include several leading technology roles including; Data Architect, Application Developer, Senior Manager Enterprise Data and BI, Senior Manager Business Success, and Business Success Analyst
- Perks: Colliers prides themselves as an AON Best Employer; has top of the line wellness programs; are located in state of the art offices in the heart of downtown Toronto — easily accessible by transit lines, and provides paid vacation time off plus paid-for trips as a prize for their Employee recognition program across North America.
- More: Check out their jobs page for the most up-to-date openings. Curious about their company culture? Check them out on LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Who: Founded by a team of scientists and engineers, Motif Labs Ltd is a federally Licensed Producer (LP) of cannabis products in Canada. Operating as a Standard Processor, Motif Labs converts raw materials (cannabis/hemp) into high quality, highly purified THC/CBD oil, which are then used in a variety of end products, including; beverages, edibles, vaporizers, as well as topicals and tinctures.
- Jobs: Motif Labs is currently hiring for a Director, Quality Assurance & Regulatory Compliance, Extraction Operations Supervisor, and Sanitation Associate.
- Perks: Motif prides itself on Integrity, Collaboration and Quality, and these core values are at the center of everything they do. Motif offers employees opportunities for learning and personal growth, competitive compensation, health and dental benefits, and paid time off.
- More: For more information on Motif Labs and their current openings, please visit their careers page.
- Who: Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use global cloud-based accounting platform for small businesses and their advisors. The company has 2.45 million subscribers in more than 180 countries. Xero seamlessly integrates with more than 800 apps. It was ranked No. 1 by Forbes as the World’s Most Innovative Growth Company for two years running. It was included in the 2020 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for their ongoing emphasis on fostering workplace diversity and recently established Toronto as their North American technology and product hub.
- Jobs: Xero Canada is hiring for a number of roles on their Product, Design, Development, Sales, and Technology teams, including a Senior Product Designer, Junior Software Developers, Intermediate Software Developers across the Robots and Invoicing teams, Senior Software Developers across the Test and Invoicing teams, Sales Enablement Specialist, Marketing Operations & Automation Specialist, Diversity & Inclusion Program Manager, Lead Portfolio Architect and more.
- Perks: Xero offers a number of great perks, including Health and Wellness benefits coverage, a generous employee share scheme, leave allowance and parental leave benefits. In an effort to support their remote workforce through COVID-19, Xero extended their employee benefits to include robust wellness resources and access to wellness webinars built on physical, mental, social, financial and environmental wellbeing.
- More: To learn more about Xero and check out the current openings, visit their careers page.
- Who: Humi is Canada’s leading HR, Payroll, and Benefits solution company for rapidly scaling small and medium-sized businesses across Canada. A company filled with builders and boundary-pushers, Humi is focused on building the tools to help Canadian organizations foster their greatest asset: their employees. Before Humi, there was no truly unified solution that tied together the intricacies of HR for SMBs.
- Jobs: Humi is hiring for a Content Marketing Specialist and a Software Engineering Lead
- Perks: Remote-work friendly, equity ownership for all full-time employees, and a competitive employee benefits package, which includes a subscription to an on-demand virtual healthcare app, so you can see a doctor and get a prescription in the comfort of your home.
- More: To learn more about Humi and to check out their current openings, visit their careers page.
- Who: Endy is the Toronto-based mattress brand revolutionizing the way Canadians sleep. Since exploding onto the e-commerce scene in 2015, Endy has grown to become Canada’s leading online mattress brand and one of the country’s fastest-growing D2C brands — ever. Endy is looking for all-star team members to drive forward its growth and help take the brand to the next level.
- Jobs: Endy is hiring for an Email Marketing and Retention Manager, a Marketing Data Analyst, a Supply Chain Analyst, and a Developer.
- Perks: Wellness days, flexible vacation policy, parental leave program, health and lifestyle benefits, monthly team events, the full Endy Ensemble (because a good sleep leads to great work, right?), and so much more.
- More: To learn more about Endy and to check out their current openings, visit their careers page.
- Who: Founded in 2015, Zensurance is an online commercial insurance brokerage disrupting the insure-tech space. The organization works with insurance companies and industry experts to build the most cutting edge insurance solution for business owners. Leveraging the latest innovations in user experience, design, and analytics, Zensurance is leading the change in the insurance industry.
- Jobs: Zensurance’s Toronto office is currently working fully remote and growing at a rapid pace. Zensurance is currently hiring for the following positions for remote opportunities anywhere in Canada: Test Automation Engineer, Email Marketing Manager, and the following positions for remote opportunities anywhere in Ontario: Accounts, RIBO Licensed Broker, New Business, RIBO Licensed Broker.
- Perks: The opportunity to work for Canada’s fastest growing Insure-tech start-up, fully remote onboarding experience, full benefits package starting day one, education allowance, collaborative workspaces and ping pong (when in the office), virtual workouts and activities planned to connect with coworkers and (when in the office) weekly company updates that include beer and snacks!
- More: To learn more about Zensurance, check out their current openings, visit their careers page or follow them on LinkedIn for frequent updates. Their insurance broker roles, where a RIBO license is required, also include signing bonuses up to $5,000.
- Who: Lighthouse Labs was created in 2013 by a team of software developers with a passion for code, mentorship, and education. Their mission: to transform the way that tech education is delivered.
- Jobs: Lighthouse Labs is looking for a Proposal Writer, Business Development Manager and Intermediate Software Developer to join their league of extraordinary people.
- Perks: Lighthouse Labs is an inclusive employer, with diverse (and dog-friendly!) campuses across the country. Employees enjoy remote flexibility, employee benefits, and additional time off over the Christmas holiday season.
- More: You can learn more about Lighthouse Labs openings on their careers page.
- Who: The company says they are the number one “programmatic native advertising platform” helping agencies accelerate customer engagement and acquisition. The company has created a range of products and software with AI and “deep learning” in the advertising world.
- Jobs: The company is currently hiring for 16 jobs including, Graphic Designer & Strategist, Content Marketing Specialist, Data Analyst/Senior Data Analyst, and more.
- Perks: Full benefits, weekly credits for lunches, free Apple gear, office snacks and more.
- More: You can learn about StackAdapt on their careers page.
- Who: This company aims to create an easier online grocery shopping experience. In 2018, Unata joined forces with Instacart to provide “the most comprehensive, innovative digital grocery solution on the market.”
- Jobs: The company is currently hiring for 31 jobs in Toronto, which include Manager of New Verticals, Senior Data Quality Engineer, Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer, Product Designer—Retail, and more.
- Perks: Catered lunch every day in the office and a great community feel with meetups, workshops, and volunteer outings.
- More: You can learn more about Unata on their careers page.
- Who: Tulip is a mobile application provider focused on empowering workers in retail stores. Partnered with Apple, the company’s mission is to advance mobile technology to deliver simple-to-use apps for store associates to look up products and manage customer information.
- Jobs: The company is currently hiring for seven positions, including Development Manager, Director of Customer Support, Solutions Integration Engineer and more.
- More: You can learn more by visiting their careers page.
This list is accurate as of November 27.
* This indicates a sponsored placement. If you would like to be included in our next listing, reach out here.