Toronto fire crews continue to battle a blaze at Bathurst and Richmond that has sent two people to hospital.
According to Toronto Fire, just before 5:30 am, 13 trucks and 50 fire fighters attended to the residential fire where two people were removed with unknown injuries at the time.
- Toronto is under an Extreme Cold Weather Alert today
- 69-year-old man assaulted and robbed at Christie station
- Here's how to protect yourself from scammers this tax season
Chief Matthew Pegg said that there’s heavy smoke in the area, which should be avoided if possible. Residents have been advised to keep their doors and windows shut in the area.
At this time, Bathurst Street is closed between Queen and Adelaide, and Portland is closed between Queen and Adelaide Street. Portions of Richmond Street is also closed to traffic.
— Matthew Pegg (@ChiefPeggTFS) March 4, 2019
Fire: Bathurst St / Richmond
– Bathurst St closed between Queen St W and Adelaide St W
– Portland St closed between Queen St W and Adelaide St W
– avoid area, use alternate routes#GO398222@tps14div
— Toronto Police OPS (@TPSOperations) March 4, 2019
More to come.