If one thing’s for certain, Toronto has positioned itself as a global tech leader.
Because of this, there’s no better time than the present to break into the tech scene and experience all that it has to offer.
To make the job hunting process that much easier, we’ve rounded up 11 awesome Toronto companies hiring for a range of positions from recent grad opportunities to senior leadership roles.
All you need to do is get your resume ready.
- Who: Rumie is a non-profit that develops and delivers low-cost digital learning tools to underserved communities worldwide. Its reach extends to Jordan, Turkey, and Syria where it teaches refugee youth basic education.
- Jobs: Rumie is looking to hire a Deployment Coordinator, Communications Manager, and a LearnCloud Program Manager.
- Perks: While no official perks are listed online, you’ll be joining an organization that’s changing the lives of people around the world. Plus, the office is located in the heart of downtown Toronto, steps away from the Eaton Centre and TTC.
- More: You can learn more about these positions on the Rumi careers page.
- Who: Top Hat is a teaching platform that helps professors engage their students inside and outside the classroom. Classrooms using TopHat involve a teacher running the program on their device and then having the same material streamed on the students’ devices so they can answer questions, complete quizzes and generally interact with the material directly.
- Jobs: TopHat currently has over 20 positions available at its Toronto office, with positions in customer success, engineering, finance/operations, marketing, people, product, and sales.
- Perks: TopHat employee perks include full medical, health and lifestyle benefits, team breakfast and lunches, centrally located offices with easy access to public transportation, bike-friendly culture, team social events, opportunities for career advancement, and employee stock.
- More: Visit the TopHat career page for more information.
- Who: Ritual provides instant access to a complete assortment of everyday coffee and food items from local spots all with the push of a button. Ritual is growing at a rapid pace and has recently expanded into Chicago, Los Angeles, and New York.
Jobs: Ritual is currently looking to hire a Backend Engineer, Android Engineer (Senior), iOS Engineer, Senior Full Stack Engineer, Sales Operations/Tech Engineer, Market Development Manager, and a Senior Project Manager.
- Perks: You’ll get to join a fast-paced, innovative company that’s very transparent and has an open environment. The staff is excited to be there and it shows.
- More: You can learn more about Ritual and these opportunities on the careers page.
- Who: StackAdapt is a disruptive advertising company that’s more than just an advertising platform, it’s a hub of innovation, imagination, and creativity. As one of the fastest growing tech startups in Toronto, StackAdapt doubled in size in the last year and continues to expand.
- Jobs: StackAdapt is looking to hire a Content Marketing Manager, Technical Product Manager, Business Intelligence Analyst, Programmatic Partnerships Manager, Ad Quality Analyst, Account Executive, Business Development Representative, Data Engineer, Full Stack Software Engineer, and a Salesforce Developer (Contract).
- Perks: Employee perks include free healthy snacks, Apple gear, beer Fridays, an office right in the heart of downtown Toronto, free lunches, full benefits, company events, and other fun activities.
- More: Full details for each of these jobs can be found on the company career page.
- Who: Often referred to as “Instagram for doctors,” Figure 1 is an app that allows doctors to share images and consult on cases in a privacy-law-compliant way. Prominent institutions using Figure 1 include Doctors Without Borders, BMJ, and Mount Sinai Health System.
- Jobs: Figure 1 is currently hiring a Director/Lead – Design and UX Research and a VP/Director of Product.
- Perks: Employee perks include competitive salary, extended health care benefits, stock options, opportunities for travel for conferences and professional development, bi-weekly one-on-ones focused on mentorship, in-house yoga, weekly cocktails/mocktails, sporting events, and other activities, weekly code camp for beginners, supportive parental leave policy, lunch-and-learns, and the chance to help save lives and make the world a better place. Also, free snacks.
- More: You can learn more about these opportunities on the Figure 1 jobs page.
- Who: This Toronto startup aims to leverage Artificial Intelligence to develop new life-saving genetic therapies.
- Jobs: Deep Genomics is looking to hire a Research Technician, Scientist – Molecular & Cellular Biology, Scientist – Molecular Biology/Genomics, Computational Biologist – RNA-seq, and a Machine Learning Researcher.
- Perks: Highly competitive compensation, including meaningful stock ownership, health, vision and dental coverage for employees and families, flexible vacation time, facilities located in the heart of Toronto next to the university and hospitals, direct access by subway, car and bicycle, steps from hundreds of restaurants with foods from around the world and regular social events for team members and their families.
- More: You can learn more about these jobs on the Deep Genomics jobs page.
- Who: TouchBistro is a Toronto-based software company that develops restaurant point of sale systems for iPad and was named the Best POS System for Restaurants by Business News Daily.
- Jobs: There are currently 18 openings in the following departments: Accounting and Finance, Marketing, Product, Customer Support, Technology and Sales and Business Development.
- Perks: You’ll get to join a team of passionate, hard-working, driven people who are proud to be part of a growing and innovative tech company.
- More: You can find the full list of openings on the careers page.
- Who: TribalScale is a digital firm specializing in the design and development of world-class digital products for web, mobile, and emerging technologies.
- Jobs: TribalScale is currently looking to hire 24 different roles that range from engineers and developers to partnerships and new grad positions.
- Perks: Breakfast is provided every morning and there is a fully stocked kitchen, weekly Lunch & Learns presented by industry speakers, Wealthsimple Group Retirement Savings Plan (GRSP), 100% dental and vision coverage, Netflix membership, regular office events including game nights, movie nights, fitness sessions and more, and the office is closed over winter holidays.
- More: You can learn more about these opportunities on the TribalScale jobs page.
- Who: Founded in 2012, Brain Station provides collaborative hands-on training for working professionals, freelancers, and entrepreneurs.
- Jobs: Brain Station is currently growing its Toronto team and has 20 full-time positions available in the following departments: Education, Marketing, Sales, Operations, and Technology.
- Perks: Beautiful downtown location, collaborative work environment, and a passionate work culture. Plus, the pace is extremely fast with amazing opportunities to grow into (and create) roles in Brain Station’s international locations.
- More: You can find a full list of openings on the Brain Station careers page.
- Who: Kira Systems is a fast-growing Toronto-based software company that equips enterprises with intuitive, easy-to-use software tools for uncovering relevant information from their contracts and related documents.
- Jobs: Kira is currently looking to fill 20 positions in Client Support, Design, Engineering, Finance and Operations, Machine Learning, People and Culture, Product, and Sales and Customer Success.
- Perks: Kira works with some of the world’s largest corporations, law firms, and professional service firms which gives employees the opportunity to work hard, learn lots, and the chance to grow within the company.
- More: You can find information about each of these roles on the Kira career page.
- Who: Canopy Labs helps organizations around the world, from Fortune 500 retailers to non-profits and professional sports teams, change how they interact with their customers and guide them along their customer journeys.
- Jobs: Canopy Labs is looking to hire a Data Scientist, Software Engineer, Senior Software Engineer, Senior Implementation Engineer, Implementation Engineer, Account Executive, and a Business Development Representative.
- Perks: Employee perks include full health, dental and vision benefits, adjustable standing desks, the latest Apple gear, dog-friendly environment, twice monthly house cleaning, stock options, TTC Metropass, professional development budget, Friday team lunches and snacks, and an additional two weeks of vacation every three years.
- More: You can find full details of these positions on the Canopy Labs career page.