Summer is in full swing in Toronto, and the City of Toronto’s SwimTO program is reopening its outdoor pools this weekend.
Fifteen outdoor pools are set to open on Friday, June 26, with the remaining outdoor pools opening on June 27, 2020.
The 15 outdoor pool locations that will open on June 26 are:
- Heron Park Community Centre
- McGregor Park Community Centre
- Parkway Forest Outdoor Pool
- Goulding Community Centre
- Oriole Community Centre
- Stanley Park South – Toronto
- Sunnyside Gus Ryder Outdoor Pool
- Riverdale Park East
- Alex Duff Memorial Pool
- Greenwood Park
- O’Connor Community Centre
- West Mall Outdoor Pool
- Pine Point Park Outdoor Pool
- Rotary Peace Park Outdoor Pool
- Domenico Di Luca Community Recreation Centre
According to the City, all visitors to outdoor pools will be asked to sign-in with their first name and an email or phone number to facilitate Toronto Public Health contact tracing, should it be required.
Wading pools will begin to open on July 1, 2020, on a location-by-location basis over an 11-day period.
As well, splash/spray pads started to open on June 24, with all locations opening by June 27.
Capacity at outdoor pools will be significantly reduced.
The City says staff will prioritize leisure swims throughout the day in order to give as many swimmers as possible the opportunity to cool off, and swimmers will be limited to 45-minute sessions to allow for enhanced cleaning.