Toronto’s getting ready to ring in the next decade, and with that comes some road closures.
On Tuesday, December 31, the city will be hosting a New Year’s Eve celebration at Nathan Phillips Square. The event will feature a skating party, live performances and a spectacular fireworks display at midnight.
Road closures will be in effect in the area from 5:30 pm on Tuesday, December 31 until Wednesday, January 1 at 2 am, for both vehicles and pedestrians.
The details of the closures are as follows:
– Queen Street West from Yonge Street to University Avenue
– Bay Street from Richmond Street West to Dundas Street West
– York Street from Richmond Street West to Queen Street West
– Hagerman Street from Elizabeth Street to Bay Street
– Elizabeth Street from Foster Place to Hagerman Street
– Albert Street from Bay Street to James Street
– James Street from Queen Street West to Albert Street
- See also:
There will be diversions implemented with the TTC in the downtown core area. Motorists are advised to consider alternate routes.
And remember: the TTC will be free all night long!