This Good Friday Procession will result in road closures and TTC diversions in Toronto on Friday, March 30, 2018.
Leaving from St. Francis of Assisi Church at 3 pm and comprising 6,000 participants, 10 floats, and three bands, the procession winds through Toronto’s Little Italy neighbourhood along the following route that circles back to the St. Francis of Assisi Church.
- Southbound from Mansfield Avenue and Grace Street
- Westbound along Dundas Street West
- Northbound up Montrose Avenue
- Eastbound along College Street
- Southbound down Manning Avenue
- Westbound on Mansfield Avenue
Road closures will be in effect in the area from 2:30 pm until approximately 6 pm according to a new release.
“Motorists can expect delays in the area and should consider alternate methods of transportation. ”
Streetcars on College Street and Dundas Street West will be diverted during the even as well:
- The 505 bus shuttle will divert using Dundas Street West, Ossington Avenue, Queen Street West, and Bathurst Street, both ways, until Dundas Street West is clear.
- The 506 streetcars on College Street are maintained until the Procession starts north on Montrose Street. At this time, they are also turned back at Bathurst Street.
- The 506 cars will divert using College Street, Bathurst Street, Dundas Street West, and Ossington Avenue, both ways, until College Street is clear.