This weekly round-up spotlights Toronto’s newest restaurants and bars, plus incoming establishments that should be on your radar.
Here are the newest restaurants opening in Toronto right now:
- Drake Mini Bar is newly opened in the lobby across from the Drake One Fifty at 150 York Street.
- Emmy’s Ice Cream is open and dishing out scoops, shakes, and snow cones at 426 St. Clarens Avenue.
- My Roti Place is now open for business at 406 Queen Street West taking over the address formerly The Saigon Hustle.
- Kushimaru, Toronto’s first Osaka-style kushikatsu restaurant is now open at 64 Edward Street.
- 6ixTriangles in Liberty Village is now slinging curries, kebabs, and lassis at 127 Jefferson Avenue.
- Alma a new restaurant from Toronto Chef Anna Chen is upcoming at Bloor and Dufferin.
- Alo Bar Yorkville, a sister spot to acclaimed Toronto restaurants Alo and Aloette, is set to open at 162 Cumberland this June.
- New from the Chase Hospitality Group, Arthur’s, an American grill and cocktail lounge complete with rooftop terrace is set to open this fall in the Weston Centre at 22 St. Clair Avenue East.
- Bar Stray, a new motorcycle-themed watering-hole is coming soon to Little Italy at 532 College Street.
- Bex Espresso is coming soon to 711 Queen Street East.
- The Commoner a new spot for brunch, lunch, dinner, and drinks is opening this summer at 2067 Dundas Street West.
- Paradice Shaved Ice is coming soon to 792 College Street.
- Rag Doll Eatery dealing in upscale pub grub and comfort foods is in the works at 185 Danforth Avenue next to the Danforth Music Hall.
- Rosalinda a new plant-based Mexican spot from Max Rimaldi, Jamie Cook (both from Pizza Libretto, Entoeca Sociale) and Chef Grant van Gameren (Bar Isabel, Bar Raval, Harry’s Charbroiled, Tennessee Tavern) is set to open on May 23 at 133 Richmond Street West.
- Coming soon to 98 Portland Street, Sara, the latest spot from The Food Dudes serving up an eclectic menu featuring vegan charcuterie, contemporary dim sum, Japanese BBQ and more.