Victoria Day will be celebrated differently this year. There will be no congregating in parks to enjoy fireworks or have gatherings for backyard hangouts.
However, you can still go for walks whether by yourself or with someone from your household in High Park, which reopened on Monday, and other parks across Toronto.
And, there are still some essential services that will be open on Monday, May 18, for individuals to get their necessary goods.
Last week, Mayor John Tory said the city is shifting its message from “stay home” to keeping your distance outside.
While the City has advised residents to stay home, which “kept people safe,” Tory acknowledged that people won’t stay home forever, especially as the weather gets warmer.
So, follow Tory’s advice this long weekend.
On Victoria Day, all TTC routes will operate on their Sunday service schedules, but will start earlier, at approximately 6 am. Any routes that do not normally operate on Sundays, will not operate on the holiday.
The TTC is also closing multiple stations on Line 1 this weekend.
- Galleria Supermarket (7040 Yonge Street) 8 am to 10 pm; (865 York Mills Road) 8 am to 10 pm; (558 Yonge Street Toronto) 8 am to 10 pm; (351 Bloor Street Toronto) 8 am to 10 pm. There are also pickup and delivery options.
- Food Depot (155 Dupont Street) open 24 hours
- Kitchen Table (10 Queens Quay West) 7 am to 10 pm; (705 King Street West) 7 am to 10 pm
- Loblaws (60 Carlton Street) 8 am to 8 pm
- Metro (444 Yonge Street) closed
- Pusateri’s (176 Yonge St.) closed; (57 Yorkville Avenue) 8 am to 6 pm; (2901 Bayview Avenue) 7 am to 6 pm; (1539 Avenue Road) 7 am to 6 pm.
- Rabba Fine Food (various locations) open 24 hours
- Summerhill Market (446 Summerhill Avenue, Toronto) 9 am to 7 pm; (1054 Mt. Pleasant Road, Toronto) 9 am to 7 pm; (1014 Bathurst Street) 9 am – 7pm
- Whole Foods (87 Avenue Road, Toronto) 10 am to 7 pm
- Shoppers Drug Mart: Most locations will be open in the GTA on Victoria Day from 10 am to 10 pm. To see if your store location near you is open check here.
- Rexall: (159 Yonge Street) 9 am to 6 pm; (250 University Avenue) 9 am to 7 pm; (48 Yonge Street) 9 am to 6 pm; (777 Bay Street) 9 am to 7 pm; (63 Front Street East) 9 am to 6 pm; (285 Spadina Avenue) 9 am to 7 pm. Check the closest one to you here.
LCBO & Beer Stores
- All LCBO and Beer Stores will be closed on Victoria Day. So best go on Saturday and Sunday to stock up.
- Many local craft breweries will be open, but we advise calling ahead.
While the shopping centres themselves remain closed, select retailers have reopened as of May 11. These retailers have street access offering curbside pickup and delivery only.