The Sudbury man confirmed to have COVID-19 was just one of five new cases in Ontario, according to the latest provincial update.
As of 10:30 am on March 11, Ontario has 41 confirmed cases of coronavirus, with five fully resolved cases.
Besides the number of recovered cases, the province has said that 465 cases are under investigation.
The latest patients include the male in his 50s from Sudbury, who attended a Toronto conference for two days last week. The male’s transmission is currently listed as “pending.”
The 38th case is listed as a female in her 30s who was identified as a COVID-19 positive case in York Region, through Mackenzie Health. According to the province, the woman had a travel history to Egypt.
A male in his 30s is the 39th case in Ontario, and is located in Toronto. The man had a travel history to the US, and at this time there is no specific city associated with his travels.
In Ottawa, a male in his 40s is identified as the next COVID-19 case in the province, with a travel history to Austria.
And finally, a female in her 30s with a history of travel to the US was identified by Halton Public Health.
All five new cases are currently in self-isolation.
The province is expected to give a full update on the new cases on Wednesday afternoon.
Earlier on Wednesday, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said the government would provide a $1 billion response fund to all provinces and territories to help combat the coronavirus outbreak.
The comprehensive response package will provide money across the country to mitigate and prevent the coronavirus from spreading.