Ontario is hiring.
The province has over 2000 summer jobs and full-time internships available for students in communities across Ontario.
The job opportunities are offered to help students develop important skills, gain meaningful experience and learn more about a career in natural resource management, according to a press release.
Available opportunities include jobs as:
- Stewardship Youth Ranger
- Park Ranger
- Aquatic/Wildlife Biologist
- Assistant Forest Technician
- Learn to Camp Program Leader
- Fish and Wildlife Assistant
- Land Use Planning Assistant
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Assistant
- Climate Change Research Assistant
- Wetlands Information Management Assistant
While some jobs are on the field, others are office positions.
“These summer jobs provide meaningful work experience for students, allowing them to play an important role in supporting Ontario’s biodiversity and helping combat climate change by creating habitat for endangered species, evaluating forest health, working in Ontario Parks, supporting policy development and conducting scientific research,” states the press release.