The husband of Ontario’s fifth coronavirus case was confirmed positive on Thursday.
Reportedly, the man is in his 60s and is currently in self-isolation.
The case was confirmed by Dr. David Williams, the province’s Chief Medical Officer of Health, who said, “We are working alongside Toronto Public Health, who is now and will continue to be in regular contact with this individual during their self-isolation period.”
Toronto Public Health continues to manage the case, including following up with the man’s close contacts.
The province says the risk of being infected with COVID-19 continues to be “very low” for Canadians, and Ontarians in particular.
This new confirmed case comes on the heels of the fifth confirmed positive case in Toronto.
According to Williams, on February 24, a woman in her 60s went to Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre’s emergency department with a travel history to Iran.
The patient was then cared for at the hospital and was discharged where she is also in self-isolation at home.
So far, this marks the sixth positive case in Ontario, with three resolved cases.
An update on the case will be provided by Williams and Dr. Eileen de Villa, Medical Officer of Health for Toronto on Thursday afternoon.