All éclairs, all the time. The mantra for Nugateau is undeniably delicious. Now there will be twice the sweet goodness thanks to the patisserie’s addition of a second Toronto outpost.
Nugateau has opened a satellite location at Holt Renfrew Yorkdale, which means now you can get your ultra-fancy and super-Instagram-worthy éclairs while you’re at or near the luxury retailer.
For the uninitiated, Nugateau opened their first store, on Queen Street West, in December 2015.
For spring/summer, Nugateau has put a dozen all-new flavours on their menu (available at both locations), including the very visually stunning and Torontonian “Red Rocket,” which is a red velvet éclair filled with white chocolate cream, raspberry compote and chocolate garnish resembling a TTC streetcar.
Here are there other newest flavours:
- Annabelle (whipped zéphyr pistachio ganache, strawberry mint compote, fresh strawberries)
- Apricot Saffron (apricot cremeux with Spanish saffron), Banana Caramel (caramelized banana cremeux with hint of lime)
- Lemon Kalamansi Meringue (lemon kalamansi cream with torched meringue on top)
- Mango Violet (tropical mango cremeux with violet petals)
- Mont Tremblant (70% single origin dark chocolate mousse, whipped praline ganache, hazelnut praline grains)
- Raspberry Rose (whipped raspberry rose ganache and vanilla mascarpone, raspberry rose and lychee compote)
- St.Domingue (64% dark chocolate cream, dark chocolate glaze), Summer Berry (mixed berry cremeux composed of blackberry, raspberry, strawberry and blueberry)
- Vanilla Jasmine (tahitian vanilla cream, scented with jasmine buds and vanilla glaze)
- Pîna Colada (caramelized pineapple rum and coconut cremeux, white chocolate coconut tuile, pineapple pearls and a cherry on top; available as a June special)
As one last tantalizing bonus, Nugateau says they’re going to observe National Eclair Day on June 22 at their original Queen Street location by offering up free chocolate éclairs (maximum one per customer) and a free coffee beverage to the first 50 customers that day.
Take a peek at some of Nugateau’s gorgeous eclairs, as shared on Instagram: