It’s so easy to get caught up in everything that’s going on around us.
Oftentimes, we forget to take a step back and focus on ourselves.
That’s why Nestlé Canada is joining up with a number of partners to host an event this coming Friday (November 24), where you can learn the importance of ‘knowing yourself’. Because you know, ‘life is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you’re gonna get.’ You can at least prepare yourself, though.
While the event, which will be held at the Toronto Reference Library, is completely at capacity, Nestlé will be streaming it live to Facebook so that everyone, from coast to coast, can get in on the inspirational talks.
Titled ‘In the Know‘, the event aims to provide you with everything you need to excel in your career, as well as life in general. And it’s free to attend – just head over to Nestlé’s Facebook page at 11 am EST / 1 pm PST this coming Friday.
On the day’s agenda are talks from accomplished Canadians, including Canadian Olympic diver, Roseline Filion, and social media trainer and personal branding coach, Cher Jones. So, if you’re between the ages of 18 to 30 and you’ve just entered the workforce, or if you’re looking to make a career change, then you’re going to want to tune in to this event.
Here’s a closer look at the speakers and the topics that they’ll be addressing so you’re prepped for what’s to definitely be an inspiring day.
11:00 am – Roseline Filion: Competing at the highest levels and overcoming obstacles
As Canadian Olympic diver, Roseline Filion competed in the 10-meter synchronized event with Meaghan Benfeito. She has twice won an Olympic bronze medal in this division; at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London and the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. Now Roseline will be sharing her story of how she prepared to compete at the highest levels and overcame obstacles in her quest for victory and success. And how you can do the same.
1:00 pm – Networking panel: Learn tools and strategies to “work and build your network”
Hear from leading experts with a passion for helping millennials succeed, led by personal branding expert Cher Jones.
- Luciano Volpe – Inspire North co-founder and committee chair of INSPIRE in Toronto, a not-for-profit event-based platform focused on the importance of Leadership for Canadian future leaders.
- Robert Wharram – Program manager of Youth Employment Services, a non-profit organization that leads the Canadian youth employment sector with innovative programs that empower disadvantaged and vulnerable youth to become self-sufficient contributing members of society.
- Fabio Crespin– Manager of Youth Initiatives at United Way Toronto and York Region.
- Lidia Kopchuk – HR professional and senior HR business partner at Nielsen Company.
3:00 pm – Cher Jones: Developing and selling your personal brand
Cher Jones has more than 15 years of PR, marketing, and broadcasting experience. As a social media guru, Cher will be sharing her social media tips, advice, and strategies, with you to help you develop your authentic personal brand to attract the right opportunities. Because who knows, your Instagram account could open a lot of doors for you, leading to more opportunities!
In the Know will leave you feeling like a boss – empowered and energized to meet your career head-on. In essence, you’ll have the tools you need to manage stress as you move into and through your professional life.
For more information visit In the Know.
- When: November 24, 10 am to 4:30 pm EST
- Where: Nestlé’s Facebook Page / Live Stream