If you didn’t get your dream job with one of the Canadian government’s Wizardry Positions, you’re about to get a second chance at a magical career.
Because the upcoming production of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child has put a call out for Toronto actors to audition for the show.
The Tony and Olivier Award-winning best play is set to have its Canadian premiere in Toronto in the fall of 2020, at the Ed Mirvish Theatre.
- Toronto is getting the Canadian premiere of Harry Potter and The Cursed Child
- Canadian Government hiring for Harry Potter-themed 'Wizardry Positions'
Auditions will run on June 17 and 18 in Toronto, and submissions from artists of all ethnicities, genders, religions, and socio-economic backgrounds are encouraged.
The deadline for submissions is June 13, so act fast. To apply, you must:
- Email a resume, headshot (or recent picture), and your contact number to [email protected].
- If you have an agent, provide their name and contact information as well.
- Mention that you saw the notice on eBOSS CANADA
- And format your subject line as such:
(Subject Line Example: HARRY POTTER TORONTO AUDITIONS – <ROLE> – <YOUR NAME>)
(Subject Line Example: HARRY POTTER TORONTO AUDITIONS – GINNY POTTER – <YOUR NAME>)
Everyone cast in the show is going to be part of the ensemble, and will be asked to participate in all aspects of bringing the wizarding world to life.
The casting notes explain that this means everything from involvement in crowd scenes, moving of scenery and generally remaining active throughout most of the show, whether you’re on stage or not.
So if you’re in it to win it, this is the casting call for you.
The details of characters being cast for can be found here. And yes, the roles of each of the iconic trio are open.
Which means your dreams of personifying Harry, Ron or Hermione are well within reach.
Just remember: it’s LeviOsa, not LevioSA!