FEATURED EVENTS IN TORONTO
In October, Hamilton broke records in Toronto, months before its Canadian debut. At its peak sale time, about 30,000 theatre fans were on Mirvish’s website trying to snag tickets to the hottest show this year.
And for fans still looking, David Mirvish announced it will be selling $10 tickets to the popular theatrical performance through a digital lottery.
Yes, that is correct. While regular price ticket prices range from $50 to $275, these select tickets will cost you only $10.
According to Mirvish, 40 tickets will be sold for every performance for $10 each, and the digital lottery will open at 11:00 am on February 9 for tickets to the Tuesday, February 11 performance.
“Subsequent digital lotteries will begin two days prior to each performance,” they added.
Here is how to get $10 tickets to Hamilton in Toronto
- Mirvish said to use the official app for Hamilton
- You can also visit the Hamilton Lottery page to register
- The lottery will open at 11:00 am two days prior to the performance date and will close for entry at 9:00 am the day prior to the performance
- Winner and non-winner notifications will be sent between 12:00 pm and 4:00 pm the day prior to the performance via email and SMS (if mobile number is provided)
- Each winning entrant may purchase up to two tickets.
- Only one entry per person. Mirvish warns repeat entries and disposable email addresses will be discarded
- Tickets must be purchased online with a credit card by 4:00 pm the day prior to the performance using the purchase link and code in a customized notification email.
- Note: Tickets not claimed by 4:00 pm the day prior to the performance are forfeited
And once you secure your tickets, they may be picked up at will call beginning two hours prior to the performance with a valid photo ID.
This is definitely the best deal when it comes to the highly anticipated Hamilton shows.
According to Mirvish’s John Karastamatis, Hamilton broke the one-day sales record for any show at any Mirvish theatre since the Mirvish family began working in the business in 1963.
In the fall, Karastamatis told Daily Hive that on Saturday, October 26, the show sold more than 44,000 pre-sale tickets, compared to the previous record which was 13,000 sold in one day.
- See also:
Hamilton is the story of America’s Founding Father Alexander Hamilton, an immigrant from the West Indies who became George Washington’s right-hand man during the Revolutionary War and was the new nation’s first Treasury Secretary. Featuring a score that blends hip-hop, jazz, blues, rap, R&B, and Broadway, Hamilton is the story of America then, as told by America now.
Hamilton will take place at the Ed Mirvish Theatre from February 11 to May 17, 2020.