Several grocery stores in and around the Toronto area may disclose instances of employees having tested positive for COVID-19.
We’re consolidating this information every week so that going into the weekend you know which locations have seen recent cases and if there are any closures to be aware of.
Here are the updates on confirmed coronavirus cases reported in grocery stores between October 19 and October 23:
- At a Loblaws location, 3501 Yonge Street, a team member has also tested positive for coronavirus on October 18. The employee had last worked on October 12.
- The next day on October 19, a team member at a Loblaws located at 17 Leslie Street, tested positive for coronavirus. They had last worked on October 14.
- An employee at another Loblaws location, 50 Musgrave Street, also tested positive for the virus. The last day they worked was on October 14.
- A Loblaws location at 3671 Dundas Street West also reported a single case among its employees. They had last worked on October 11.
- A Loblaws location at 12 St. Clair Avenue East reported an employee testing positive for the virus on Wednesday. The employee had last worked on October 15.
- Dave and Charlotte’s No Frills, located at 449 Carlaw Avenue, reported a positive case among one of its staff members. The last day the employee worked was on October 14.
- Sam & Nancy’s No Frills, located at 25 Photography Drive, reported a positive test from one of their employees. They had last worked on October 18.
- Enzo’s No Frills at 9325 Yonge Street in Richmond Hill also reported a positive coronavirus case on October 22. The team member had last worked on October 19.
- John’s No Frills at 1150 Victoria Park Ave, East York also reported a positive coronavirus case on October 23. The team member had last worked on October 16.
- Leonetti’s No Frills at 1641 Jane Street in North York also reported a positive coronavirus case on October 23. The team member had last worked on October 19.
Real Canadian Superstore
- Four team members at a Real Canadian Superstore at 825 Don Mills Road in North York have tested positive. The employees had last worked on October 9, 10, and 14.
- The company’s Vickers Distribution Centre at 25 Vickers Road reported an employee testing positive for coronavirus. They had last worked on October 18.
- A FreshCo location, 2440 Dundas Street West, reported a positive case and the employee had last worked on October 17.
- At Sobeys, 441 Clark Avenue West in Thornhill, two employees have tested positive for coronavirus. The last day the two had worked was on October 16 and October 17.
Metro has previously shared cases of coronavirus at locations including Parkway Mall, West Queen West, Bloor and Spadina, College and Shaw, The Cold Chain Produce Distribution Centre, and more.
“We will always contact and follow the guidance of Public Health to ensure the safety of our teammates and customers whenever we are made aware of a confirmed case of COVID-19 in one of our food stores or distribution centres,” reads Metro’s website.
In an effort for transparency, Loblaws regularly updates their coronavirus cases in stores by province within the last 15 days, as well as Sobey’s for 14 days.
- See Also:
“In addition, we have mandated that our staff and customers wear masks in Extra Foods, Fortinos, Maxi, No Frills, Real Canadian Superstores and T&T stores across Canada,” said Loblaws.