You can ride the TTC for FREE tonight for New Year's Eve
This New Year’s Eve, rather than waiting hours on end for a cab or dealing with Uber surge prices, why not take the TTC to and from your party?
To ensure Toronto can safely ring in the new year, Corby Spirit and Wine has partnered with the TTC once again to host its annual free rides initiative on New Year’s Eve.
This is the seventh year in a row the company and transit provider have teamed up to give free, safe rides for all Torontonians as they ring in the New Year.
- See also:
Rides on all buses, streetcars, and subways will be free of charge from 7 pm on December 31, until 7 am on January 1, 2020.
Get a safe ride to and from your New Year’s Eve celebrations. Ride the #TTC for free starting at 7 p.m., December 31 until 7 a.m., January 1. No need to tap your PRESTO card! Courtesy of @corbysw. Learn more: https://t.co/UvSOCoLOil #CorbySafeRides #NYE2019 pic.twitter.com/UlaaUXAuz7
— TTC Customer Service (@TTChelps) December 27, 2019
New Year’s Eve TTC Service Information:
- Regular Monday-Friday service level on all rapid transit routes through the daytime and early evening; late evening service extended by approximately two hours; plus evening standby trains (12 on Line 1; 10 on Line 2).
- Monday-Friday service on bus and streetcar routes, with late evening service extended until later than usual.
- Most routes from Monday-Friday late evening service continue until 4 am (see list below for contracted service exceptions).
- Last trains on Line 1 leave Union Stn at 3:30 am for Finch Station and 3:34 am for Vaughan Metropolitan Centre Stn. The last northbound train on Line 1 will connect at Bloor-Yonge Stn with the last eastbound and westbound trains on Line 2, and at Sheppard-Yonge Station with the last eastbound train on Line 4. Twelve standby trains to be operated.
- Last trains on Line 2 leave Bloor-Yonge Station at 3:37 am for Kipling Station and 3:37 am for Kennedy Station. The last eastbound train on Line 2 will connect at Kennedy Station with the last eastbound train on Line 3. Ten standby trains to be operated.
- Last train on Line 3 leaves Kennedy Station at 4:05 am for McCowan Station.
- Last train on Line 4 leaves Sheppard-Yonge Station at 3:58 am for Don Mills Station.
- The extra daytime standby and service relief buses and streetcars will not be scheduled.
Plus, Metrolinx will also be offering free rides on GO Transit and the UP Express to encourage Torontonians to get home safe.