Ontario Premier Doug Ford is set to give an announcement on Monday, a week after he said most of Ontario could enter Stage 3 of reopening.
Last week, Ford announced that 24 out of 34 regions in the province could enter Stage 3 of reopening on Friday, July 17, which allows for groups of 50 to congregate indoors and 100 for outdoors.
In this next stage, dine-in restaurants, bars, gyms, fitness centres, live shows, performing arts centres, casinos, concert venues, recreational facilities, team sports, fundraisers, fairs, festivals or open houses, and tour and guide services can reopen.
- See also:
The regions not included in this yet are all of the GTA, Windsor-Essex, Sarnia-Lambton, Hamilton and Niagara.
Last week, Ford said his government would provide updates every Monday on when more regions of the province could move to Stage 3.
He will be accompanied today by Health Minister Christine Elliot and Finance Minister Rod Philips. It’s still unclear if Toronto will be given the go-ahead to enter the final stage this week.
The announcement is expected at 1 pm.