This Easter long weekend, there are two major events taking place that will cause road disruptions.
The first event to look out for is the Good Friday Procession, which takes place on April 19.
The Procession will be comprised of approximately 6,000 participants, 10 floats, and three bands.
The procession will proceed along the following route:
- Formation Area: Grace Street and Mansfield Avenue – Full Roadway
- Southbound: Grace Street – Full Roadway
- Westbound: Dundas Street West – West Full Roadway
- Northbound: Montrose Avenue – Full Roadway
- Eastbound: College Street – Full Roadway
- Southbound: Manning Avenue – Full Roadway
- Westbound: Mansfield Avenue – Full Roadway
- Dispersal: St Francis of Assisi Church at Mansfield Avenue and Grace Street
Road closures will be in effect in the area, including a portion of College Street, and Dundas Street West between Bathurst Street and Ossington Avenue from approximately 2:30 pm until approximately 6 pm according to a release.
“Motorists can expect delays in the area and should consider alternate methods of transportation.”
Streetcars on College Street and Dundas Street West will be diverted during the even as well.
- The 505 bus shuttle will divert using Dundas Street West, Ossington Avenue, Queen Street West, and Bathurst Street both ways until Dundas Street West is clear.
- The 506 streetcars on College Street are maintained until the procession starts north on Montrose Street. At this time they are also turned back at Bathurst Street.
- The 506 cars will divert using College Street, Bathurst Street, Dundas Street West, and Ossington Avenue both ways until College Street is clear.
- The Weather Network: 'Hefty' rainfall expected for Easter long weekend in Toronto
- Toronto's Easter Parade returns this Sunday
Additionally, the Toronto Beaches Lions Easter Parade is taking place on Sunday and kicks off at 2 pm sharp.
The two-hour event will begin on Queen Street at Munro Park
and continue west along Queen Street ending at Woodbine Avenue.
Road closures for the parade include the following:
10 am to noon (partial road): Queen Street East, from Munroe Park Avenue to Fallingbrook Road.
11 am to 1:30 pm (full road): Queen Street East, from Munroe Park Avenue to Fallingbrook Road; Nursewood Road, from Queen Street East to #24 Nursewood Road.
1:30 pm to 4:30 pm (full road): Queen Street East, from Woodbine Avenue to Fallingbrook Road.
2 pm to 4:30 pm (full road): Woodbine Avenue, from Queen Street East to Lake Shore Boulevard East, Lake Shore Boulevard East, from Coxwell Avenue to Woodbine Avenue.
The TTC will be rerouting buses and streetcars through the area, and police say drivers can expect delays in the area and should consider alternate methods of transportation.