As the job market goes through an unpredictable time due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it can feel like a discouraging time to try and find work.
However, tech and finance companies are looking to hire for many positions, offering plenty of work perks and the chance to be part of an innovative team.
In a recent report, Toronto ranked number four in top tech talent of North America, beating out the likes of New York, Boston, and Vancouver.
Toronto was also able to add 66,900 tech jobs over the past five years, the second-most of any North American city in the past five years, beat out only by the San Francisco’s Bay Area.
Daily Hive compiled a list of 10 companies and startups hiring for 124 positions in Toronto. So while the economy is facing challenges, there are still opportunities in your chosen field.
- See also:
- Who: Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use global cloud-based accounting platform for small businesses and their advisors. The company has two million subscribers in more than 180 countries. Xero seamlessly integrates with more than 800 apps. It was ranked No. 1 by Forbes as the World’s Most Innovative Growth Company for two years running, was included in the 2020 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for their ongoing emphasis on fostering workplace diversity, and recently established Toronto as their North American technology and product hub.
- Jobs: Xero Canada is hiring for a number of roles on their Product, Design, Development, Sales, and Technology teams, including a Talent Coordinator, Product Team Lead, Partner Consultant, Agile Team Lead, Senior Software Developers across the Dataflow, Bills, and Test teams, Senior Design Researcher, Principle Engineer and more.
- Perks: Xero offers a number of great perks including health and wellness benefits coverage and a generous employee share scheme and leave allowance. In an effort to support their remote workforce through the uncertainty of COVID-19, Xero has extended their employee benefits to include robust wellness resources and access to wellness webinars built on physical, mental, social, financial and environmental wellbeing.
- More: To learn more about Xero and check out the current openings, visit their careers page.
- Who: Humi is Canada’s leading HR, payroll, and benefits solution companies for rapidly scaling small and medium-sized businesses across Canada. A company filled with builders and boundary-pushers, Humi is focused on building the tools to help Canadian organizations foster their greatest asset: their employees. Before Humi, there was no truly unified solution that tied together the intricacies of HR for SMBs.
- Jobs: Humi is hiring for an Account Executive, Ruby On Rails Software Engineering Lead, a Payroll Product Manager, and a Payroll Experience Associate.
- Perks: Remote-work friendly, equity ownership for all full-time employees, and a competitive employee benefits package, which includes a subscription to an on-demand virtual healthcare app, so you can see a doctor and get a prescription in the comfort of your home.
- More: To learn more about Humi and to check out their current openings, visit their careers page.
- Who: Lighthouse Labs was created in 2013 by a team of software developers with a passion for code, mentorship, and education. Their mission: to transform the way that tech education is delivered.
- Jobs: Lighthouse Labs is looking for a Career Services – Employer Relations Manager, Career Services Advisor – Full Cycle, and Career Services Coordinator to join their league of extraordinary people.
- Perks: Lighthouse Labs is an inclusive employer, with diverse (and dog-friendly!) campuses across the country. Employees enjoy remote flexibility, employee benefits, and additional time off over the Christmas holiday season.
- More: You can learn more about Lighthouse Labs openings on their careers page.
- Who: Tulip is a mobile application provider focused on empowering workers in retail stores. Partnered with Apple, the company’s mission is advance mobile technology to deliver simple-to-use apps for store associates to lookup products and manage customer information.
- Jobs: The company is currently hiring for six positions including Project Manager, Platform Product Manager, Development Team Lead and more.
- More: You can learn more by visiting their careers page.
- Who: The company says they are the number one “programmatic native advertising platform” helping agencies accelerate customer engagement and acquisition. The company has created a range of product and software with AI and “deep learning” in the advertising world.
- Jobs: The company is currently hiring for 11 jobs including, Inventory Partnerships Manager, Product Manager, Talent and Acquisition Manager and more.
- Perks: Full benefits, weekly credits for lunches, free Apple gear, office snacks and more.
- More: You can learn about StackAdapt on their careers page.
- Who: Toronto-based Paytm is an app that rewards users for paying their bills with great perks like gift cards for popular brands including Starbucks, Indigo, Sephora, and more.
- Jobs: The company is looking to hire 15 positions in the city including Software Engineer, Senior Web Developer, Site Reliability Engineer, Software Engineer – Java, UX/UI Designer and more.
- Perks: Company perks include a comprehensive benefits plan right from the day you start working, flexible hours, tech meetups, free chocolate and snacks, free coffee, transparent recruitment process, training, a pool table and ping pong tables, and fun monthly events, to name a few.
- More: You can learn more about these exciting opportunities on the Paytm Labs jobs page.
- Who: This company aims to create an easier online grocery shopping experience. n 2018, Unata joined forces with Instacart to provide “the most comprehensive, innovative digital grocery solution on the market.”
- Jobs: The company is currently hiring for 17 jobs in Toronto which include, Applications Support Analyst, Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer, Senior Android Engineer and more.
- Perks: Catered lunch every day in the office and a great community feel with meetups, workshops, and volunteer outings.
- More: You can learn more about Unata on their careers page.
- Who: NorthOne is a mobile-first API-based banking platform that helps startups and small businesses bank, manage their finances, and integrate all of their financial tools in a simple and intuitive way.
- Jobs: The company is currently hiring for 17 positions, including Customer Care Specialist, Business Analyst, Full Stack Developer, Lead Mobile Developer, Head of Finance and Copywriter.
- Perks: The company provides health and dental benefits, flexible vacation and work hours and provides the latest equipment.
- More: If you want to find out more about careers, go here.
- Who: Prodigy connects in-class learning to at-home math practice making it “your go-to platform for effective blended and virtual learning.”
- Jobs: The company is currently hiring for 11 jobs including Data Scientist, Financial Analyst, Growth Product Manager, Product Lead, Financial Analyst and more.
- Perks: Full benefits, full gym and learning fund, flexible hours and a positive social experience.
- More: To learn more about the company go here.
- Who: Wealthsimple is the largest automated investing service in Canada. Started by Michael Katchen five years ago, Wealthsimple is an online investment management company that promises quality financial guidance at a price lower than the incumbents, including all major banks.
- Jobs: This Toronto company is currently looking to fill 24 positions in the city including Business Operations Manager, Core Operations Associate – Transfers, HR Business Partner and many more.
- Perks: Savings plans, top-tier healthcare, free daily lunches, endless snacks and beverages, paid-time-off and holidays, Bike Share Toronto membership, professional development budget, and all employees are allowed to build their own tech setup and can choose the computer and monitor of their choice.
- More: You can find a full list of these current openings on the Wealthsimple jobs page.
This list is accurate as of August 27.