As the job market goes through an unpredictable time due to the pandemic, it can feel like a discouraging time to try and find work, especially when workplace rules are constantly changing.
But it might be comforting to know that tech and finance companies are actively looking to hire for many positions, offering plenty of work perks and the chance to be part of an innovative team.
Just look at Amazon’s recent announcement to create over 3,500 new tech and corporate jobs in Toronto and Vancouver.
Daily Hive has compiled a list of 10 companies and startups hiring for 101 positions in Toronto. So while the economy is facing challenges, there are still plenty of opportunities in your chosen field.
- See also:
- Who: Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use global cloud-based accounting platform for small businesses and their advisors. The company has 2 million subscribers in more than 180 countries. Xero seamlessly integrates with more than 800 apps. It was ranked No. 1 by Forbes as the World’s Most Innovative Growth Company for two years running, was included in the 2020 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for their ongoing emphasis on fostering workplace diversity, and recently established Toronto as their North American technology and product hub.
- Jobs: Xero Canada is hiring for a number of roles on their Product, Design, Development, Sales, and Technology teams, including an Agile Team Lead, Design Research Director, Senior Software Developers across the Dataflow, Bills, and Test teams, Partner Consultant, Data Scientist, Principle Engineer and more.
- Perks: Xero offers a number of great perks including Health and Wellness benefits coverage and a generous employee share scheme and leave allowance. In an effort to support their remote workforce through the pandemic, Xero extended their employee benefits to include robust wellness resources and access to wellness webinars built on physical, mental, social, financial and environmental wellbeing.
- More: To learn more about Xero and check out the current openings, visit their careers page.
- Who: Lighthouse Labs was created in 2013 by a team of software developers with a passion for code, mentorship, and education. Their mission: to transform the way that tech education is delivered.
- Jobs: Lighthouse Labs is looking for an Admissions Coordinator, Remote PT Data Science Mentor/Instructor, and Remote PT Web Development Mentor/Instructor to join their league of extraordinary people.
- Perks: Lighthouse Labs is an inclusive employer, with diverse (and dog-friendly!) campuses across the country. Employees enjoy remote flexibility, employee benefits, and additional time off over the Christmas holiday season.
- More: You can learn more about Lighthouse Labs openings on their careers page.
- Who: Humi is Canada’s leading HR, Payroll, and Benefits solution companies for rapidly scaling small and medium-sized businesses across Canada. A company filled with builders and boundary-pushers, Humi is focused on building the tools to help Canadian organizations foster their greatest asset: their employees. Before Humi, there was no truly unified solution that tied together the intricacies of HR for SMBs.
- Jobs: Humi is hiring for an Account Executive, Benefits Solutions Associate, Payroll Experience Associate, Junior Product Designer, Product Design Intern, Product Manager, Payroll and Software Engineering Lead.
- Perks: Remote-work friendly, equity ownership for all full-time employees, and a competitive employee benefits package, which includes a subscription to an on-demand virtual healthcare app, so you can see a doctor and get a prescription in the comfort of your home.
- More: To learn more about Humi and to check out their current openings, visit their careers page.
- Who: The tech company created a WiFi thermostat and released the Ecobee Switch+, as well as smart cameras and a smart sensor for doors and windows. Ecobee has been praised for its intuitive design, pioneering room sensor technology, and providing users with an environmentally friendly solution — leading to its status as a #1 ranked product on Navigant’s Smart Thermostat Leaderboard.
- Jobs: The company is currently hiring for 19 jobs including Senior Embedded Developer, Senior Hardware Engineer, HR Business Partner, Marketing Specialist and more.
- Perks: Ecobee offers a “fun and casual workplace” with an open concept office, an in-office bike rack, and “lots of free snacks.”
- More: To find out more, visit the careers page here.
- Who: League has reimagined employee health benefits with their all-digital platform making it easy for employees to enjoy their benefits and automates all the admin work HR leaders. Whether it’s complete coverage or a new addition to your total rewards package, League’s suite of products keeps your company up-to-date and covered.
- Jobs: The company is currently hiring for eight jobs including, Senior Program Manager – Strategy, Data Engineer, Senior Data Analyst, Senior Software Engineer – iOS and more.
- Perks: The work environment fosters creativity and wants their employees to think outside of the box. There is 20 weeks of paid parental leave, physical and mental health support, and an accessible work environment.
- More: To find out more, visit the jobs page here.
- Who: The health tech company uses artificial intelligence (AI) to build new life-saving genetic therapies. The future of medicine will rely on artificial intelligence, because biology is too complex for humans to understand. At Deep Genomics, its geneticists, molecular biologists, and chemists develop new ways of detecting and treating disease using their biologically accurate artificial intelligence technology.
- Jobs: The company is hiring for nine positions in Toronto including Bioinformatician, Senior Platform Engineer, Oligonucleotide Chemist, Graduate Reacher Intern (Machine Learning) and Statistical Geneticist.
- Perks: Some of the perks at the company include, competitive salary and stock ownership, health benefits, flexible vacation time and regular social events with the team.
- More: To find out more about careers at Deep Genomics visit their jobs page.
- Who: The company is a provider of a Point-of-Sale financing platform designed to offer competitive retail lending services. Flexiti’s Point-of-Sale financing platform include instant POS financing, quick credit approval, longer payment terms and revolving credit, enabling retailers to increase their bottom line.
- Jobs: The company is hiring for six positions right now, including, Senior Risk Strategy Analyst – Fraud, Full-Stack Developer, VP of Engineering, Project Manager, Senior Product Owner and more.
- Perks: The company offers a fun work environment with catered lunches, free office snacks and bi-monthly office outings.
- More: For more information visit the job board here.
- Who: The company says they are the number one “programmatic native advertising platform” helping agencies accelerate customer engagement and acquisition. The company has created a range of product and software with AI and “deep learning” in the advertising world.
- Jobs: The company is currently hiring for 12 jobs including, Content Marketing Specialist, Programmatic Partnerships Analyst/Senior Analyst, Solutions Manager, Account Manager, Campaign Optimization Specialist and more.
- Perks: Full benefits, weekly credits for lunches, free Apple gear, office snacks and more.
- More: You can learn about StackAdapt on their careers page.
- Who: This company aims to create an easier online grocery shopping experience. n 2018, Unata joined forces with Instacart to provide “the most comprehensive, innovative digital grocery solution on the market.”
- Jobs: The company is currently hiring for 20 jobs in Toronto which include, Application Support Analyst, Sales Engineer, Senior Product Manager – Retail, and more.
- Perks: Catered lunch every day in the office and a great community feel with meetups, workshops, and volunteer outings.
- More: You can learn more about Unata on their careers page.
- Who: Prodigy connects in-class learning to at-home math practice making it “your go-to platform for effective blended and virtual learning.”
- Jobs: The company is currently hiring for 13 jobs including, Financial Analyst, Director of Engineering – Online Tutoring, Product Lead, Financial Analyst and more.
- Perks: Full benefits, full gym and learning fund, flexible hours and a positive social experience.
- More: To learn more about the company go here.
This list is accurate as of October 1.