A Toronto Catholic District School Board teacher is facing two charges of sexual assault following an investigation conducted by police and the Child & Youth Advocacy Centre.
According to Toronto Police, it is alleged that during the month of December 2016, a teacher sexually assaulted a female student, while on school property, at Father John Redmond Secondary School.
On Wednesday, May 1, 35-year-old Justin Iozzo was arrested.
Police say the Toronto man has been charged with Sexual Assault and Sexual Interference.
Iozzo is a teacher who has been employed with the Toronto Catholic District School Board (TCDSB) since 2012.
- 5 injured after Air Canada Express plane collides with fuel tanker at Pearson
- Police seize $17M in drugs from 'large-scale' Ontario trafficking ring
He has worked at the following schools:
– St. John the Evangelist at 49 George Street, Toronto (2012/2013 school year)
– Stella Maris Catholic School at 31 Ascot Avenue, Toronto (2013/2014 school year)
– Father John Redmond Catholic Secondary School at 28 Colonel Samuel Smith Park Drive, Etobicoke (2014 to present)
He is scheduled to appear at 2201 Finch Avenue West, on Wednesday, June 12, at 9:00 am.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-2922, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637).