The most magical time of the year will soon be here.
And there’s truly no better way to get into the festive spirit than to bundle up and head to one of the many holiday festivals in the city.
New this year is Canada’s Wonderland’s massive winter festival that will transform the amusement park into a magical winter wonderland.
WinterFest, which opens on November 22, will feature more than five million twinkling holiday lights, festive decor as far as the eye can see, and three 50-foot-tall Christmas trees, which will stand proudly above the park.
- See also:
Visitors of all ages can look forward to more than 30 attractions, eight whimsical-themed worlds, lots of live holiday entertainment, and, of course, plenty of tasty and festive food options.
Here’s a look at what you can expect at this year’s WinterFest:
Some of the available attractions:
- Ice skating
- Nightly tree-lighting ceremony
- Cookie decorating with Mrs. Claus
- Pictures with Santa
- Christmas crafts
- Writing letters to Santa
- Select family rides will be open (weather-dependent)
- Candy Cane Lane
- Tinsel Town
- Elf Village
- The North Pole
- Charlie Brown’s Christmas Town
- International Street
- Season of Lights
- Christmas Market
- Cole Yule Christmas: A high-energy show featuring popular Christmas songs
- Tinker’s Toy Factory: A musical that tells the story of Tinker the elf
- What the Dickens?!: A performance of the holiday classic A Christmas Carol
- Jingle Jazz: Carollers will perform jazz renditions of holiday songs
- Midway Merriment: Meet and greets with winter characters
- A Peanuts Guide to Christmas: Join Charlie Brown and the gang in a Christmas sing-a-long
- Plus: The Mistletones, Four Drummers Drumming, Holly Jolly Trolley, Merry Merrionettes, Roaming Brass Band, and Polar Party
In addition to plenty of festive fun, visitors can also look forward to some wickedly sweet food options. From Eggnog Funnel Cakes to Turkey Dinner Tacos, WinterFest will be offering whatever your Christmas-loving tastebuds are asking for.
When: Select days from November 22 to December 31
Where: Canada’s Wonderland
Tickets: Start at $21.99 and are available online