The City of Toronto announced Thursday that 10 of its public outdoor pools will remain open further into September than usual.
The city’s outdoor pools, where admission is free, typically close after the Labour Day weekend. But this year, a select few will stay open until September 13.
- See also:
“I encourage Torontonians to take the opportunity to get out and soak up the last moments of summer at the City’s outdoor pools,” Mayor John Tory said in a news release.
The 10 pools open until September 13 are:
- Alex Duff (779 Crawford Street)
- Donald D. Summerville (1867 Lake Shore Boulevard East)
- Heron Park (292 Manse Road)
- Grandravine (23 Grandravine Drive)
- McGregor (2231 Lawrence Avenue East)
- Parkway Forest (59 Forest Manor Road)
- Pine Point (15 Grierson Road)
- Riverdale Park (550 Broadview Avenue)
- Sunnyside-Gus Ryder (1755 Lake Shore Boulevard West)
- West Mall (370 The West Mall)
The rest of Toronto’s outdoor pools will close as scheduled on September 7. Splash pads will also remain open until September 13.