Montreal drivers will have their hands full again, as major weekend closures on the motorway look to put some serious strain on commute times.
Over the weekend of May 4, 2018, the city will see closures in the area of Turcot Interchange, the Bonaventure Expressway, and the Champlain Bridge.
Unless otherwise stated, all closures will take place from Friday at midnight to Monday at 5 am. Weekend closures are as follows:
- Highway 136 westbound will be closed between exit number five to Boul. R. Bourassa and the entrance from Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue Boulevard.
- Entry to Highway 136 Westbound from Saint-Antoine Street East and Hotel-de-Ville Avenue will be closed from Friday at 11:30 pm.
- Highway 136 Eastbound will be closed between the Turcot Interchange and the entrance to the Cathedral and Notre-Dame.
- The ramp which connects Highway 20 east to Highway 15 north with also be closed.
- Notre-Dame Street West will be closed between Monk Boulevard and Cote-Saint-Paul Road starting Friday at 10 pm.
New Champlain Bridge
- Gaetan-Laberge Boulevard will be closed in both directions between Gilberte-Dube Street and the ramp to Highway 15 heading north from Saturday at 7 pm to Sunday at 10 am.
- Access to Highway 15 southbound from Rene-Levesque and Nuns’ Island will be closed from Friday at 10 pm.
- Highway 10 eastbound between Route 132 and Pelletier Boulevard will see a two-lane closure from Friday at 11 pm.
- Highway 10 westbound will see a one-lane closure between Pelletier Boulevard and Route 132.
Mobility Montreal recommends drivers to use the “Honoré-Mercier and Victoria bridges as well as the Louis-Hippolyte-La Fontaine tunnel bridge during the weekend.” Construction is also planned in the Jacques Cartier Bridge area.
Closures are subject to change based on weather and operational constraints.