Quebec reports 14 new coronavirus deaths, 69 more confirmed cases

Jul 2 2020, 8:19 am

The Quebec government revealed that the province’s COVID-19 death toll has reached 5,541, after announcing 14 more deaths and 69 known cases since Wednesday.

According to Santé Quebec, there are now 55,593 cases in the province, 411 hospitalizations, and 32 patients in the ICU.

Currently, a reported 561,791 tests have turned up negative throughout Quebec and over 25,000 cases have been resolved.

The new data had been reported by hospitals and public health officials as of Wednesday, July 1, at 6 pm.

Santé Quebec says despite the new cases, hospitalizations and patients in the ICU are continuing to drop. Public health says eight of the newly announced deaths took place in the past 24 hours and the remaining casualties were deaths that occurred in June that were attributed to the virus as of July 1.

Canada’s coronavirus death toll now totals 8,615.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT