Quebec health officials are reporting under 1,000 new COVID-19 cases for the third consecutive day.
Public health says that hospitalizations have also decreased across the province, down 22 from Tuesday. A total of 918 Quebecers are currently hospitalized, 148 of whom are in intensive care.
- See also:
Santé Quebec has announced 34 recent COVID-19-related deaths. Among the latest deaths, eight occurred in the past day, 16 between February 3 and 8, and 10 from earlier in January.
Since Tuesday, 3,174 doses of vaccine were administered for a total of 266,590 across the province.
There are now 272,726 COVID-19 cases across the province, 251,620 recoveries, 10,112 deaths, and 2,614,458 negative tests.
As of February 8, businesses, salons, libraries, and museums are slated to open everywhere across Quebec. University and CEGEP students will begin a “gradual” return to physical classes.
Legault said the COVID-19 situation has been “improving” over the past few weeks, which he said is “very encouraging.”
The premier says public health sees a decrease in cases and hospitalizations “almost on a daily basis” and thanked Quebecers for their efforts.
Santé Quebec advises residents to “frequently wash” their hands (for 20 seconds with soap and water), use alcohol-based disinfectant, respect the measures regarding private gatherings, and limit travel as much as possible.
The distribution of deaths in Quebec by age group is as follows:
The distribution of provincial cases per age group is as follows:
Canada’s COVID-19 death toll is now 20,909, along with 810,797 total cases.