The Quebec government revealed that the province’s COVID-19 death toll has reached 5,485 after announcing 37 more deaths and 311 cases since Thursday, June 25.
On Thursday, the Quebec government opted to favour a weekly coronavirus data summary instead of continuing to report the numbers daily. After receiving public backlash, the government reversed its decision and as of today, resumed publishing daily data.
According to Santé Quebec, there are now 55,390 cases in the province, 455 hospitalizations, and 45 patients in the ICU.
Currently, a reported 584,567 tests have turned up negative throughout Quebec and over 25,000 cases have been resolved.
- See also:
Last week, governing officials said they will continue to monitor the coronavirus situation in Quebec and the health ministry said the numbers are “stabilizing” throughout the province, making a weekly report of data necessary and still informative.
The new data had been reported by hospitals and public health officials as of Sunday, June 28, at 6 pm.
Santé Quebec says despite the new cases, hospitalizations and patients in the ICU are continuing to drop.
#COVID19 – Au Québec, la situation est la suivante :
7 625 prélèvements effectués le 27 juin
7 680 analyses réalisées le 27 juin
584 567 cas négatifs le 26 juin
55 390 cas confirmés le 28 juin
Pour en savoir plus sur la situation au Québec: https://t.co/fiqW5E4y8R
— Santé Québec (@sante_qc) June 29, 2020
Canada’s coronavirus death toll now totals 8,522.