The pre-loved fashion industry is thriving right now, and after accumulating 40 million users in the US, social shopping platform Poshmark is beta launching in Canada.
An online social marketplace for buying and selling clothing, Poshmark has raised $160 million USD in funding and secured investments from celebrities like Rachel Zoe and Ashton Kutcher.
Poshmark allows fashion-conscious users to list their new or lightly used clothing and accessories in 60 seconds, and once items are sold, the seller is sent a postage-paid shipping label. In the US, 80% of users are repeat buyers, in part, due to the platform’s simplicity.
As of today, Canadians can sign up to join Poshmark ahead of the beta launch.
“Whether you’re a shopper looking for amazing prices on fashion or a seller looking to clear out your closet and make some quick cash, Poshmark offers a one-stop destination, right from your phone,” John McDonald, COO of Poshmark, told Daily Hive.
The platform focuses on connecting people around a shared love of fashion, and McDonald said the team are looking forward to “cultivating an engaged community of shoppers and sellers internationally for the first time.”
- Magical kicks: Vans is releasing a Harry Potter shoe collection
- These are the 20 hottest designer products in the world right now
- Off-White is officially the most popular brand on the planet
- Met Gala 2019: The celebrity looks that took the red carpet by storm
Sellers don’t have to meet any requirements before posting their items and can get started in a few simple steps. Basically, you can buy or sell anything from new and gently worn clothing to shoes, and accessories, right from your phone.
When you’re ready to sell an item, these are the steps to follow:
- Take a few photos of the item, write a quick description, set the price, and it’s up for sale.
- When the item sells, Poshmark emails the seller a pre-addressed, prepaid Canada Post shipping label that can be placed on any box. The buyer pays for shipping, which is a C$12.99 flat rate.
- Once the item is shipped, the order will be delivered in one to seven business days.
- Poshmark tracks the package on its way to the buyer, and will only release payment to the seller when the buyer accepts the item.
The minimum listing price is C$4, and sellers are encouraged to set fair prices according to the value of the item they’re selling.
Wondering how long a transaction takes to from seller to buyer?
“Buyers can select and purchase an item within seconds. From there, sellers typically ship orders within two days. Once the seller ships the item, Canadian Poshers can expect their order to be delivered within one to seven days. Once a shopper receives their package, Poshmark releases payment to the seller,” said McDonald.
Buyers can use a variety of payment methods, including Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, and credit cards.
Poshmark is transforming shopping and selling into a simple and social experience across a vibrant community.
“Many Poshers across the US have quit their nine to five job to pursue selling on Poshmark full-time, and made careers on the platform earning as much as six- to even seven-figures. Others use Poshmark as a side hustle and have paid for homes, cars, and health insurance, or funded graduate school,” McDonald added.
Check out Poshmark on Instagram for more updates.