On November 11, Canadians across the nation will observe Remembrance Day.
Remembrance Day is not a statutory holiday in Quebec, but some businesses and government offices will still be closed on Thursday.
- You might also like:
- Montreal's Champlain Bridge will be lit up red for Remembrance Day
- Here's everything you need to know about the poppy
- Is weather getting weirder? 7 strange meteorological terms explained
We’d always recommend calling the office, restaurant, or shop in question before leaving your house to make sure.
- All banks will be closed
- All federal and provincial government offices will be closed
- All post offices will be closed
- SAQ liquor stores and SQDC cannabis shops will remain open
- Most restaurants will remain open
- Most grocery stores will remain open
- Most retail stores and malls will be open
- Most depanneurs will remain open
- Most pharmacies will remain open, especially larger chains like Jean Coutu and Pharmaprix
- Movie theatres and event venues will remain open
- Outdoor markets, including Atwater Market, Jean-Talon Market, and Maisonneuve Market will remain open
- Public transit will remain in operation
- Museums, activities, and science centres will remain open
- Garbage and recycling pickup will mostly continue as normal, call 311 if you have any questions or concerns