Easter long weekend is coming up, so be sure to know the places in the city are open for business, which ones are closed.
Here are some important openings and closures to note during Easter weekend (March 30 to April 2) in Montreal.
- Grocery stores – grocery stores 4,037 feet or smaller are allowed to be open on Easter Sunday. However, stores larger than that size will be closed
- Most pharmacies will remain open
- Most restaurants (but call ahead)
- Some museums: Montreal Science Centre, Montreal Insectarium, Montreal Botanical Garden, and Montreal Planetarium (be sure to call other museums ahead of time)
- Public markets: Jean-Talon Market, Atwater Market, Maisonneuve Market, Lachine Market
- Société des alcools du Québec: Most SAQ locations will be open Friday and Saturday. Best to call ahead on Sunday and Monday as some locations may be closed.
- Dépanneurs: Most corner stores will remain open throughout the weekend
- Most movie theatres
- Garbage collection takes place as per regular schedule for boroughs
- City of Montreal offices will be closed
- Shopping malls: Closed Easter Sunday. Call ahead for Friday and Monday hours
- City recreational centres, cultural centres, and libraries: residents should call the particular location ahead of time as hours/ closing for boroughs may vary
- Federal and Government offices
- This Montreal museum is offering FREE admission to guests
- There's a Harry Potter brunch in Montreal this weekend
- These are all the restaurants taking part in Montreal's Mac N'Cheese Week