The entire city is going to be granted free admission as Montreal Museums Day kicks off at the end of May.
The event is hosted by the Montreal Museums Society and will see many of the city’s renowned spots opening their doors and waiving all admission fees for one day only.
The day is filled with entertainment, art, and music events throughout town which means you can plan a day of museum-hopping and stop at everything from the esteemed Montreal Museum of Contemporary Art to the educational Montreal Science Centre.
- You can visit Montreal museums for FREE on May 26
- 29 FREE things worth checking out in Montreal this May
- You can watch an axe throwing tournament for FREE in Montreal this month
- Get $1 coffees at over 50 independent Montreal cafes May 11
In addition, the city is making it extremely easy for you to visit multiple museums through a special STM route offering transport between museums will be in operation.
Shuttles will depart from the Angrignon, Jean-Drapeau, and Du College metro station every 20 minutes from 9 am to 4:30 pm to ease your museum hopping.
Montreal Museums Day also lands on the last Sunday of May which means BIXI Bikes will be free to ride as well.
With so many layers of free, there’s no excuse for Montrealers not to expand their knowledge at a slew of great spots.
View this post on Instagram
To get you pumped for this monumental day, here is a complete list of museums you can visit for free on Montreal Museums Day:
- The Biosphere
- Canadian Centre for Architecture
- Montreal Science Centre
- Centre d’Exposition Lethbridge
- Centre d’Histoire de Montreal
- Château Ramezay Historic Site and Museum of Montreal
- Art Foundation Phi pour l’art Contemporain
- Écomusée du Fier Monde
- Stewart Museum
- The Guild
- Musée de Lachine
- Maison Nivard-de Saint-Dizier
- Maison Saint-Gabriel
- Montreal Museum for Contemporary Art
- Musée Plein Air de Lachine
- Musée de Lachine Pavillion de l’entrepot
- Montreal Holocaust Museum
- St. Joseph Oratory Museum
- Montreal Museum of Fine Arts
- Shriners Hospitals for Children
- Musée des Hospitalières de l’Hôtel-Dieu de Montreal
- Musée des Maîtres et Artisans du Québec
- Musée des Ondes Emile Berliner
- Dorval Museum of Local History and Heritage
- Musée Marguerite-Bourgeoys
- McCord History Museum
- Redpath Museum
- Musée Regimentaire les Fusiliers Mont-Royal
- Musée Stewart
- Planetarium Rio Tinto Alcan
Visit the website for a detailed list of exhibitions, activities, and times.
When: Sunday, May 26
Time: Varies per location
Where: Visit the website for a full list of participating museums