The Montreal Museum of Fine Arts (MMFA) is getting into the spirit of giving by allowing free access to the general public to its permanent collections and discovery exhibitions.
The deal is part of the museum’s Miracle at the Museum promotion and it kicks off from Saturday, December 21 to January 5, 2020.
- See also:
As MMFA’s free admission deal does not apply to the museum’s major exhibitions, here are the “Discovery Exhibits” that won’t cost you anything to go check out:
- About Face: Photographs by Cindy Sherman, Laurie Simmons and Rachel Harrison from the Collection of Carol and David Appel (starting December 11)
- “For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you”: Selections from the Bailey Collection (starting December4)
- Obsession: Sir William Van Horne’s Japanese Ceramics
- Untamed Colour: Celebrating Jean McEwen
- Contemporary Artists at Play: Flirting with Codes ,Tricks and Subterfuge
- Avant-garde Montrealers: Jewellery, Glass and Ceramics as Envisioned by Gallerists Jocelyne Gobeil, Elena Lee and Barbara Silverberg
The MMFA will also offer a free “family workshop” during the same time, offering families creative activities, themed on the holidays, for free.
When: December 21 – January 5
Time: 10 am – 5 pm
Where: 1380 Sherbrooke Ouest