Montreal ranked 4th best city in North America for quality of living
If you needed any more reason to fall in love with Montreal, the city has just been recognized as the 4th best city in North America when it comes to quality of living.
Talk about bragging rights.
The latest ranking comes courtesy of the annual Mercer survey, which includes 231 cities around the world. Mercer is one of the largest human resource consulting firms in the world.
- 15 pics of Montreal's epic sunset last night (PHOTOS)
- 19 beautiful photos to get you excited for springtime in Montreal
- Canada named healthiest country in the world
- Canada ranks 11th best country in the world for female economic empowerment
On the global scale, Montreal narrowly missed the top-20 from around the word, taking the 21st spot. Vancouver took home the top spot in North America and third globally. Toronto ranked 16th overall and second in North America. Our neighbouring cousins in Ottawa took home the 19th spot overall and finished third on the continent.
European cities dominated the quality of life rankings, making up eight of the top 10 best cities to live in in the world.
On the global scale, Vienna, Austria, topped the ranking for the 10th year in a row, closely followed by Zurich, the runner-up.
Top 10 cities in North America for quality of living
- Vancouver, Canada
- Toronto, Canada
- Ottawa, Canada
- Montreal, Canada
- Calgary, Canada
- San Francisco, USA
- Boston, USA
- Honolulu, USA
- New York, USA
- Seattle, USA
Mercer ranks quality of living based on the following criteria:
- Political and social environment
- Economic environment
- Socio-cultural environment
- Medical and health considerations
- Schools and education
- Public services and transportation
- Consumer goods
- Natural environment