As the summertime heat dwindles down and the Just for Laughs festival has long since packed up, LadyFest steps up and fills Montreal’s comedic void for seven days in September.
Ladyfest is a celebration of dynamic femme and non-binary talent in stand-up, storytelling, video, improv, and sketch comedy.
The festival’s slogan, ‘One Love. No Jerks’ shows how LadyFest strives to host comedy events that are respectful and enjoyable experiences for everyone to laugh, connect and grow.
The festival strongly supports an environment free of racism, sexism, transphobia, homophobia, ableism, ageism, fatphobia, xenophobia and violence.
“By highlighting the fabulous variety of comedic voices that are speaking up, our goal is to
showcase the power of self-representation, the expansive depth of people having a platform to tell their own stories, and the unstoppable force of love and respect that can grow comedic talent and audiences,” says LadyFest, in a press release.
The lineup for the 4th edition of the festival, features comedians from Montreal and beyond:
- September 3 at 9 pm, Blue Dog Motel: There’s Something Funny Going On
- September 3 at 7 pm, Montreal Improv: Les Lundis d’Impro
- September 6 at 8 pm, Montreal Improv: Woke Tales
- September 6 at 9:30 pm, Montreal Improv: Video Island
- September 7 at 8 pm, Theatre Ste. Catherine: The Sketch Republic
- September 7 at 10 pm, Theatre Ste. Catherine: Stand Up For What We Need
- September 8 at 8 pm, Theatre Ste. Catherine: Yas Kween & Colour Outisde The Lines
- September 8 at 10 pm, Theatre Ste. Catherine: Ladyfest’s All In & Out
- September 9 at 5 – 8, Montreal Improv: Free Drop-In Show
Various venues across Montreal will also host LadyFest comedians at respective shows throughout the week.