As eyes around the globe prepare to tune in to Montreal next week for the Canadian Grand Prix, Peel Street has begun preparing for the annual Formule Peel block party.
Regarded as one of the most prestigious and respected tourism events in the county, Peel Street business owners come together and host over 450,000 people for four days, from June 6 to 9.
- New 15,000 sq ft mural unveiled in Mile End last night (PHOTOS)
- Check out the first pics of the Old Port's PY1 pyramid show (PHOTOS)
- Just For Laughs adds more acts to this summer's comedy festival
- You can go stand-up paddleboarding on the St-Lawrence River starting next month
“With its renowned restaurants and high-end clothing boutiques, Peel Street merchants collaborate to create a distinguished event where luxury cars, fashion, music, and gastronomy meet in a warm atmosphere,” reads the Formule Peel website.
According to the event’s website, the Montreal Grand Prix generates $90 million for the city’s economic industry, is viewed by over 310 million spectators throughout 150 countries, and boosts Montreal’s hotel occupancy up by 95%.
View this post on Instagram
Peel Street will be blocked off to vehicular traffic between Ste. Catherine Street and Sherbrooke to make way for the hordes of people.
The following Peel bars and restaurants will be in full terrace mode come June 6 and are currently taking reservations for next week’s massive block party:
- Chez Alexandre | 1454 rue Peel, Montréal | 514 288-5105
- Carlos & Pepe’s Taqueria | 1420 rue Peel, Montréal | 514 288-3090
- Ferreira Café | 1446 rue Peel, Montréal | 514 848-0988
- Houston Avenue Bar & Grill | 2042 rue Peel, Montréal | 514-844-2121
- IBÉRICA | 1450 rue Peel, Montréal | 514-285-1888
- L’Entrecôte Saint-Jean | 2022 rue Peel Montréal | 514-281-6492
- Pizzeria No 900 | 2049 rue Peel, Montréal | 514 303-0334
- RYU | 1468 rue Peel, Montréal | 514-446-1468
- Soubois | 1106 boul. de Maisonneuve, Montréal | 514-564-3672
- Universel | 2055 rue Peel, Montréal | 514 840-7136
- Vasco de Gama | 1472 rue Peel, Montréal | 514-286-2688
Between Ste. Catherine and Boulevard Maisonneuve, a section of the street will be blocked off for the Peel Paddock where guests can reserve a VIP spot for a secluded section of bars, car, and restaurants.
When: June 6 to 9
Time: Varying times
Where: Peel Street, between Ste. Catherine and Sherbrooke
Price: Free admission