As if freezing rain wasn’t enough to get Montrealers shaking in April, Mother Nature is going to throw some more wintery weather our way as the island is expecting snow.
You know, that type of April heavy snow that signals the arrival of spring.
- Nearly 200,000 Hydro-Québec customers are without power today
- 17 shots of today's miserable freezing rain in Montreal (PHOTOS)
- Former Canadian NHLer hits the ice skating with prosthetic leg (VIDEO)
- MUHC warns public of possible measles exposure at Glen site
Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement for Montreal and its surrounding areas calling for “5 to 10 centimetres of heavy snow.”
The April snowfall is expected to fall this morning and extend into the evening.
“This snow could bring an additional weight on structures and trees that are already covered in freezing precipitation,” concluded the weather website’s alert.
The statement, issued early this morning, is in effect for the following areas:
- Châteauguay – La Prairie area
- Laval area
- Longueuil – Varennes area
- Montréal Island area
So, if April showers bring May flowers, then by the same token, April snow should make May… glow?