The Ministry of Transport, Sustainable Mobility, and Transportation Electrification has released a statement warning road users that there will be major closures in the Turcot Interchange during the weekend of April 6, 2018.
The three-level stack freeway is one of the busiest interchanges in Montreal, located southwest of downtown, linking highway 15, highway 20, highway 720, and providing access to the Champlain Bridge.
The following closures will take place over the weekend:
Westbound – from Friday, April 6 at 11:59 pm to Monday, April 9 at 5 am:
- Closure of highway 136 (A-720) / Highway 20 westbound between exit 05 – Boul. R.-Bourassa / Champlain Bridge / Victoria Bridge and the entrance from boul. from Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue
- Closing the entrances to Route 136 West (A-720) from Saint-Antoine Street East and Hôtel-de-Ville Avenue – from Friday at 11:30 pm to Monday at 5 am
- Closure of the ramp from Highway 15 north to Highway 20 West
- Closure of the ramp from Highway 15 southbound to Highway 20 westbound
- Night closures of Highway 20 westbound between the entrance from Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue Boulevard and the Saint-Pierre Interchange – from Friday at 10 pm to Saturday at 5 pm and from Sunday at 10 pm to Monday at 5 am.
Eastbound – from Friday, April 6 at 11:59 pm to Monday, April 9 at 5 am:
- Closure of Route 136 Eastbound (A-720) between the Turcot Interchange and the Entrance to the Cathedral and Notre Dame Streets
- Closure of the ramp from Highway 15 southbound to Route 136 Eastbound (A-720)
- Closure of the ramp from Highway 20 easterly to Highway 15 north
Drivers are recommended to plan their trips and avoid the area during the weekend.