McGill is one of the top 50 ranking schools in the world, according to the QS Top Universities 2018 ranking.
Montreal placed 32nd on the list out of 1,000 schools.
This year’s rankings were compiled by evaluating universities on the following criteria:
- Academic Reputation
- Employer Reputation
- Faculty/Student Ratio
- Citations per faculty
- International Faculty Ratio
- International Student Ratio
According to QS, McGill ranks in the top 50 schools due to its “50 research centers and institutes, 400+ programs, rich history and thriving alumni network of 250,000 people around the globe.”
McGill University was not the only Canadian school to appear in the top 50 rankings.
The University of Toronto placed on spot higher than McGill, coming in at #31.
According to QS, the University of Toronto is the top school in Canada, and McGill the second.
For the sixth year in a row, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) took the top spot on the list, followed by Stanford and Harvard University.
The world’s top 10 universities according to QS:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Standford University, USA
- Harvard University, USA
- California Institute of Technology, USA
- University of Cambridge, UK
- University of Oxford, UK
- University College London, UK
- Imperial College London, UK
- University of Chicago, USA
- ETH Zurich – Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland