Montreal’s been dealing with a jumble of crazy winter weather lately and it hasn’t been easy to handle. The folks over at Honesca on the other hand, are hoping the winter blast sticks around for their Ice Bike Race.
The third annual race combines two well known Montreal activities: biking and trying not to skid on ice.
- The City of Montreal and BIXI bikes have reached a new 10-year deal
- Hockey fans everywhere are making fun of Edmonton Oilers after GM firing
- Oilers name Keith Gretzky interim GM after firing Peter Chiarelli
- Former Blue Jays pitcher Roy Halladay elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
The Ice Bike Race will have three different race categories:
- Honesca Race: Bikes with one “fork” tire (provided by organizers)
- Frozen Race: Bikes with studded tires
- Fat-Tire Race: Bikes with fat tires
The one-day event will also host three ice bike contests, bike limbo (roll under a bar on your bike), a pick-up challenge and the “slowest race without falling over” contest.
There will also be a DJ on site, demonstrations, time trials, local merchants selling winter gear and accessories and of course, food trucks.
The ice rink will be open to the public during breaks and trial times.
Ice bike race hopefuls can visit the Honesca website for more information and to register.
It’s certainly one way to deal with the Montreal winter. And, if you can’t beat ’em, join ’em.
When: Sunday, February 9
Time: 10 am – 6 pm
Where: Parc Maisonneuve, 4581 rue Sherbrooke Est
Price: Free to attend, registration online