From coast to coast Canada’s culinary scene is thriving. In this weekly column, we round up the biggest food-focused stories from across the country each week.
See what your fellow Canadians are hungry for right here:
- Eat your heart out Canada. The first ever Cacao 70 Dippery is officially open in Vancouver’s Gastown, the first of its kind spin-off from the Quebec-based company has even snubbed its birthplace.
- Forget dining on fine china. A new Calgary attraction offers the chance to smash it to bits. Keep this on your radar as holiday parties approach and you need somewhere to channel all that festive aggression.
- Chopped Canada Judge Antonio Park shared in an interview with Daily Hive this week that the reopening of Lavanderia (devastated by fire last year) will newly divide its focus between beloved (and meaty) Argentinan BBQ dishes AND all new vegan offerings.
- As Ontario starts to announce plans for the legalization of cannabis sales, local growers and food purveyors are assemble weekly at this farmers’ market that sells weed.
- Now that TIFF 2017 is a wrap, we finally have time to kick back with a coffee and gawk at these A-List celebrities delighted by latte art from a Toronto barista.