If you’re currently looking for a place to rent in Edmonton, you’re in luck.
According to Rentals.ca, many cities are experiencing higher vacancy rates, causing property managers and landlords to continue offering incentives to compete for the best tenants, especially as work-from-home renters look for more space.
The COVID-19 pandemic has created a decrease in demand and higher vacancies, leading to greater availability and more options for those looking to rent.
- See also:
This decrease in demand is due to a stall in immigration, fewer out-of-town students looking to rent in Edmonton, and some lower-income earners choosing to move back in with their families.
Additionally, many Edmontonians are looking for cheaper rentals, and people working from home are less confined by where they’re located and are choosing to rent outside of the city centre to get more value for their money.
Landlords and property managers are coming up with creative incentives, promotions, and deals to entice prospective tenants because of the changing marketplace.
If you’re planning on relocating soon, here’s a round-up of places to rent in Edmonton courtesy of Rentals.ca:
- One month free rent on a 12-month lease
- Free TELUS TV and internet for one year
- $600 Amazon gift card upon move-in on a 12-month lease
- Reduced damage deposit of $395, or $100 for healthcare workers, government workers, military, police, and 50+
- Free early possession
- Free early move-in after March 19 when signing a 12-month lease
- Students, veterans, and first responders get an additional $100 off the rental price
- Student incentives including reduced security deposit and six, eight, nine, and 12-month leases available
- Low rates for TELUS TV and internet
- Rent now and receive one month free
- Reduced security deposits of $199 for seniors and veterans
- Rent a suite and receive a $250 gift card
- Spring special: one month free rent
- Refer a friend and get $250
- Discounts for military and first responders
- Free cable and internet for 12 months
- Receive up to $4,104 off rent, plus a $200 move-in bonus on select suites
- Exclusive rates on TELUS Optik TV and high-speed internet
- One month free rent
- Receive a $500 gift card if you sign a new fixed-term lease by March 31