Alright, you’ve made it halfway to the weekend. Now it’s time to get over the hump!
Here are a handful of things to do around Calgary today that’ll help get you one step closer to the weekend.
Theatre Calgary is bringing As you like it outside starting Tuesday, June 20, as it begins its annual outdoor performances of Shakespeare by the Bow. Performances are pay-what-you-will and non-ticketed, so you can just turn up with a blanket and picnic and settle in; the suggested donation is $20 per adult.
- Where: Prince’s Island Park – 698 Eau Claire Avenue SW
- When: June 20 to August 217, every day except Monday’s, performances at 7 pm, with an extra 2pm matinee on Sundays.
- Cost: Free
Spend your lunch hour listening to some of Calgary’s best local talent on this outdoor stage on Stephen Avenue. From DJs, to Dance Troupes, to live bands, to Comedians, you will always be pleasantly surprised by the live performances set to play this stage this summer.
- Where: Stephen Avenue – between Street and 1 Street SE
- When: July 13 – August 30
- Cost: FREE
The Stampede Talent Search and Heritage Park have partnered up to bring you weekly live entertainment in the Heritage Town Square which is at the front of the Park before the gates.
- Where: Heritage Town Square, Heritage Park – 1900 Heritage Drive NE
- When Wednesday evenings from July 5-August 30
- Cost: Free
Come watch a classic film each Wednesday under the stars, just like they used to in the old days. This month look forward to Beauty and the Beast, Back to the Future, Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars: Rogue One. Today’s film is ‘Back to the Future.’
- Where: Spruce Meadows – 18011 Spruce Meadows Way SW
- When: Wednesday, August 9 at dusk (9pm)
- Cost: $20/ carload if purchased at the door
It’s your opportunity to see your favourite Broadway Musical, Phantom of the Opera right here in YYC!
- Where: Southern Jubilee Auditorium – 1415 14 Street NW
- When: August 9-20
- Cost: $35-$140