Alright, you’ve made it halfway to the weekend. Now it’s time to get over the hump!
Here are a handful of things to do around Calgary today that’ll help get you one step closer to the weekend.
Theatre Calgary is bringing As you like it outside starting Tuesday, June 20, as it begins its annual outdoor performances of Shakespeare by the Bow. Performances are pay-what-you-will and non-ticketed, so you can just turn up with a blanket and picnic and settle in; the suggested donation is $20 per adult.
- Where: Prince’s Island Park – 698 Eau Claire Avenue SW
- When: June 20 to August 27, every day except Monday’s, performances at 7 pm, with an extra 2pm matinee on Sundays.
- Cost: Free
Spend your lunch hour listening to some of Calgary’s best local talent on this outdoor stage on Stephen Avenue. From DJs, to Dance Troupes, to live bands, to Comedians, you will always be pleasantly surprised by the live performances set to play this stage this summer.
- Where: Stephen Avenue – between Street and 1 Street SE
- When: July 13 – August 30
- Cost: FREE
Celebrate the different cultures of the world that make up Calgary, with a multicultural marketplace and fireworks show put on by various countries each night.
- Where: Elliston Park – 1827 68 Street SE
- When: August 15-26
- Cost: $20-$90
Come watch a classic film each Wednesday under the stars, just like they used to in the old days. This month look forward to Beauty and the Beast, Back to the Future, Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars: Rogue One. Today’s film is ‘Star Wars: Rogue One.’
- Where: Spruce Meadows – 18011 Spruce Meadows Way SW
- When: Wednesday, August 16 at dusk (9pm)
- Cost: $20/ carload if purchased at the door
- Where: Southern Jubilee Auditorium – 1415 14 Street NW
- When: August 23
- Cost: $119-$225